Microsoft Security Bulletin MS04-011

G

I just installed Trend Micro Internet Security on my system (replacing the simple Pc-Cillin that came with my laptop) which is an Asus L series using of course XP. The problem is I keep ketting told at least once every minute that I am being attacked by this MS04-011 thing which can be used to let viruses in I guess. I went to the reccomended page at http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms04-011.mspx and downloaded with -Microsoft Windows XP and Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 1
(found under affected software) and ran it to clear up the problem but it hasn't worked. I have restarted and redownloaded the fix and restarted again but I am still getting that same stupid message from Trend saying that it has detected it and blocked it and reccomends that I do an emergency lock (how do I then fix it huh?? If I can't go on-line to get the fix) and do a scan. I have of course already done this as well but it has done no good. Please anyone who can help me with this I would really appreciate it. Thanx.

Ask a Question