Microsoft Plans Online Version of Windows

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Microsoft's latest idea is quite different to any other platform - Microsoft Live. In the words of Bill Gates, it is a "revolution in the way we think about software".

So what exactly is it? Put simply, it is an extension of Windows that brings us closer to being able to use applications at any time, anywhere. It means that some processes will not be bound to our harddrives any more - they will exist in cyberspace. By doing so, Microsoft hopes to provide effective competition to such online services as Google and Yahoo. The move follows recent announcements by Gates that Microsoft were hoping to reduce Google's domainant position regarding web-based searches, through the use of better technology. Interestingly, Microsoft Live will be offered for free.

Microsoft has released a new website called Microsoft Live Ideas, and from this site you can check out the latest Live products for yourself. The Ideas are still in the test phase of development, and Microsoft are hoping for some useful feedback by asking people what they think. You can currently try Live.com Beta (a homepage you can design yourself) and Windows Live Mail Beta (a new form of webmail). Windows Live Messenger Beta should also be available soon.

Read more at Yahoo News
Windows Live
Windows Live Ideas

Attachments

• Windows Live.jpg
    Windows Live.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 442

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Microsoft to dominate the world ... HE should be so lucky

Firefox support is coming soon. Please be patient :)
:D

Nevermind ... I wonder what the Linux support will be like ... ;)

Ask a Question