Outlook Microsoft Outlook

Reaction score
Hi, Just joined up so first posting.

I have used Microsoft Outlook at my business for years with no problems.

When I retired and started using it on my home PC, I suffer from the Send / Receive windows popinng up in the middle of my work.

I have set ‘send / receive’ for 10 minutes.

The ‘send / receive’ windows pop up in the middle of what ever I am doing, stopping me until I close them, it is most annoying.

I have ticked the box ‘ don’t show this dialogue box during Send/Receive’ but it makes no difference.

Anyone know how to stop this happening?

Best Regards

Terry James

Reaction score
You did not say if this account is needed any more or not. If not then delete it by going in control panel, mail.

If you want to use your own email account (as you have retired) You need to go in control panel and click on mail, then create a new profile, use this new profile to login to outlook using your home account or hotmail etc.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Don't worry - neither do I :)

I'm not sure how to rectify the send/recieve pop-up if you have already ticked the stop box - the only thing I can suggest is not using the automatic send/recieve altogether and switch to manual.

Reaction score
Sorry all, I now understand the response from a2amali
I did not make myself clear. The Outlook account I am using at home was set up independently and has no connection to my old office account.
I did set up a new profile on my home PC.
Just can't stop the Send / Receive windows popping up!

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Its OK, I understood what you meant - I just don't have the solution.

Doing some searching online it seems that this can be a bug in Outlook for some - have you updated recently and downloaded the latest Service Pack?

Reaction score
Outlook

Terry James said:
Sorry all, I now understand the response from a2amali
I did not make myself clear. The Outlook account I am using at home was set up independently and has no connection to my old office account.
I did set up a new profile on my home PC.
Just can't stop the Send / Receive windows popping up!

Hello Terry,
Thank you for clarification. There is a way to stop the send/receive. From the menu click tools,options and select mail setup tag.

Here you will be able to fine tune your send and receive. You can see the option where it says automatically send and recieve every 5 min. If you uncheck this then you will not get send and receive.

Normally Outlook does send and recieve in the background. Are you having trouble sending and receiving emails?

Reaction score
Hi a2amali
Thanks for your input.
I know how to turn off automatic send / receive but want it on.
I have no trouble sending & receiving mails.
Regards Terry

Ask a Question