Microsoft Outlook keeps closing down

G

I am constantly having a problem with Microsoft Outlook, (version 2002 (10.6515.6626) sp3) where is closes down at least a dozen times a day for no apparent reason. A small box will appear on the screen, whether I am using the computer or not saying, 'Microsoft has encountered a problem and needs to close'. When I click on details it shows Error signature with the following information, AppName: outlook.exe, AppVer: 10.0.6626.0, ModName: ntdll.dll, ModVer: 5.1.2600.1217, Offset: 00019ecd.

I have scoured the websites through Google and cannot find anything that describes my problem. I'm using Windows XP Home Edition which is fully up to date, I do not have any viruses and have Spybot, Norton Antivirus and Zone labs installed to protect my computer. I have removed outlook and re-installed it, but it still keeps closing down. I also send the error to Microsodt everytime - but the problem keeps coming. I have had this problem for at least 18 months.

I do have three versions of ntdll.dll (5.1.2600.0 - 5.1.2600.1217 & 5.1.2600.1106) and even though I have tried to overwrite/replace these with the most up to date, Windows\system32 will not allow it.

Does anyone out there have any ideas please ?

Mike in Bristol

Ask a Question