Microsoft Office - Where to buy?

Reaction score
People of PCR,

I'm having a little bit of trouble trying to locate a website where I can buy Microsoft Office 2003.

I have heard 2007 is pretty shite, so I would rather get the 2003 version.

Do any of you guys and gals know where I could pick up this software? on the cheap prefferably! :D

Cheers

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Are you a student G-Man? As there are a few really cheap ways to get it if you are :thumb:

Reaction score
I am Ian, would it be easier to purchase when I my term begins? Please tell me how :)

And Itsme, I searched for ages on Amazon, I don't know why they didn't come up when I did so! Can I use a second hand copy though?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Near the start of University terms, Microsoft normally sell Office 2007 Ultimate really cheap from this site:

http://www.theultimatesteal.co.uk

It was £30 for an owned license or £12/year - depending on how you wanted to pay for it. Bargain :D

However, this is the 2007 version not 2003 like you wanted. As someone who upgraded from 2003 > 2007, I prefer this newer version by miles :nod: It has a new menu bar which some people don't like - but it does work well once you get used to it. The graphics and excel charting features are greatly improved, as well as better file saving formats :thumb:

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I havn't got a student card yet, does that matter?

Ian your link is down, but I get the idea about student deals, thanks for informing me :)

Thanks also Rush, will be using that website I think! Thansk for the heads up :)

Reaction score
Also, while we're here, what is the best package?

I think Microsoft Office Standard 2007 would suit my needs.. or is there better?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It depends really - what sort of applications will you need for your course? Word is certain, but I guess you'd also need Powerpoint and Excel. If that's all then the standard edition is ideal :nod: If you think you'll also need database capability then you might need a higher version :thumb:

Ask a Question