Microsoft Offers Secure Windows !

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
But Only to the Government

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2009/04/air-force-windows/

So it took Microsofts CEO Steve Ballmer and his team two years to adapt "the most secure windows ever" (thats what it says when I install XP), by locking down over 600 settings. Yet this wonderfully secure super system only stopped 85 % of hacking attacks.

laughingsmiley.gif

"What this means for the rest of us is unclear. Threat Level contacted Microsoft to find out if any part of the locked down Windows XP configuration got into general consumer versions of the software or has influenced how it configures future versions of its software. The company did not respond."

I'd really be interested in their reply. Mebees they could tell us why they did not use Vista as it is supposed to be even more secure than XP.

:p
laughingsmiley.gif

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I'm guessing that the USA military stuck with XP as Vista would have cost too much. An probably would not work with all their other software without a great deal of re jigging, an cos it probably would not run with a lot of the older equipment they must still have.
The same sort of problems we all face out here in the real world.

laughingsmiley.gif

Ask a Question