Microsoft Exchange Server

Rizwan

I am using Outlook 2003 for my emails from microsoft exchange server. A few days back I neede to reinstall my windows. Everything with the installation and configuration goes fine at my outlook 2003 but I am unable to get back all of my inbox and Sent items from my microsoft exchange server.

I can see some of the items in my inbox and some in sent items however a lot of things are still missing.

Can anyone help for this problem?

Early response is highly appreciated.

Thankyou all,

Best Regards,
Rizwan.
Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com

Rizwan

No, I can't see any messages at web access either.I suppose its just like POP3, When I read a message in my outlook its no more available at web access.

newsgroups_DELETE_ wrote on Mon, 19 April 2010 05:0

Roady [MVP]

No, it's not like that unless you previously had set the delivery location
of Outlook to a pst-file instead of your Exchange mailbox. In that case, you
would need the pst-file from the original installation and reconnect that to
Outlook via;
File-> Open-> Outlook Data File...

Rizwan

I wish to explain you a bit. I had all of the items in my outlook but I formatted my drive without saving a backup (My mistake).

Now as soon as i configured it again, it downloaded some of the files and some not.

If this is the case what you are talking then why outlook is downloading these few items? I believe if these are not saved at Microsoft exchange server then it should not download these items. I am sure there is something wrong with outlook settings and not the Exchange server actually.

I had tried doing the thing you have asked me via file>open>outlook data file but it had done nothing.I believe this is due to the reason that i had formatted my c drive.

I am not sure how it will be working fine. Currently I am fairly fine with send/receive and the issue I am discussing is about old items.

Another thing is that all of my communication is nothing older than 1 month with this email address (My Client told me it does not download items older than 3 months)

Thanks

newsgroups_DELETE_ wrote on Mon, 19 April 2010 06:1

Rizwan said:
No, I can't see any messages at web access either.I suppose its just like
POP3, When I read a message in my outlook its no more available at web
access.

newsgroups_DELETE_ wrote on Mon, 19 April 2010 05:00
Are all messages shown when you look at your mailbox via Outlook Web
Access?

-----

"Rizwan" <rizwansb2001[at]hotmail[dot]com> wrote in message
I am using Outlook 2003 for my emails from microsoft exchange server. A
few days back I neede to reinstall my windows. Everything with the
installation and configuration goes fine at my outlook 2003 but I am
unable to get back all of my inbox and Sent items from my microsoft
exchange server.

I can see some of the items in my inbox and some in sent items however
a lot of things are still missing.

Can anyone help for this problem?

Early response is highly appreciated.

Thankyou all,

Best Regards

Roady [MVP]

The mailbox you see when connecting to it via OWA is the actual mailbox you
are connecting to. If the items are not there, then Outlook cannot download
them either. The items that are left there are either new items received
from after the format or items that were left there if you configured the
Exchange account as a POP3 account previously.

Since you formatted, using File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... will not show
you your old pst-file since that got lost when you formatted the drive.

So, unless the items are actually visible via OWA or in case you have a
backup of your pst-file or your Exchange admin can recover your Exchange
mailbox from backup, the items are gone.

Rizwan said:
[...]

newsgroups_DELETE_ wrote on Mon, 19 April 2010 06:15