Microsoft Exchange Server

G

My IPS is Verizon.net (DSL). They are partnered with Microsoft. I was using Outlook Express and changed to Oultlook. But I can't get it to communicate. Get "No transport provider was available for delivery". When I look at my settings, I am asked for name of my Microsoft Exchange Server---which I don't have and Verizon tells me they don't have this software. The support information that I printed out from Verizon says "Installed e-mail clients---Hotmail; Microsoft Outlook ; Outlook Express. I have used both Outlook and Outlook Express as a customer of Verizon.

Where can I get the name of Microsoft Exchange Server?

J

Jason

JR Mayer said:
My IPS is Verizon.net (DSL). They are partnered with Microsoft. I was using Outlook Express and
changed to Oultlook. But I can't get it to communicate. Get "No transport provider was available
for delivery". When I look at my settings, I am asked for name of my Microsoft Exchange
Server---which I don't have and Verizon tells me they don't have this software. The support
information that I printed out from Verizon says "Installed e-mail clients---Hotmail; Microsoft
Outlook ; Outlook Express. I have used both Outlook and Outlook Express as a customer of Verizon.
Where can I get the name of Microsoft Exchange Server?

Outlook supports both and "Exchange Server" and a generic pop server. You do not need to know the
Exchange
server name as they have told you they don't have one. You need the SMTP and pop server names.

S

Sue Mosher [MVP]

You don't have an Exchange server. Remove that account and add an Internet
account. The details will depend on your Outlook version.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of
Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
Administrators, Power Users, and Developers

JR Mayer said:
My IPS is Verizon.net (DSL). They are partnered with Microsoft. I was
using Outlook Express and changed to Oultlook. But I can't get it to
communicate. Get "No transport provider was available for delivery". When
I look at my settings, I am asked for name of my Microsoft Exchange
Server---which I don't have and Verizon tells me they don't have this
software. The support information that I printed out from Verizon says
"Installed e-mail clients---Hotmail; Microsoft Outlook ; Outlook Express. I
have used both Outlook and Outlook Express as a customer of Verizon.

U

user195

Make sure that your pop3 server is incoming.verizon.net
and that your smtp is outgoing.verizon.net
These are the names of your mail servers.:

-
user19

Ask a Question