Microsoft confirms Xbox 360 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Teething problems have plagued the Microsoft Xbox 360. Many have been hugely disappointed, who had to stand in queue for hours to get one. It was in some cases bliss only for twenty minutes!

A day after the North American launch of the first of a new generation of consoles, the Xbox 360, Microsoft has confirmed that some gamers are experiencing nasty problems already. "We have received a few isolated reports of consoles not working as expected," Microsoft spokeswoman Molly O'Donnell told Reuters. A lot of Xbox 360 sites, including 360Updates, were filled with messages about strange crashes and error codes that users were getting. In some cases, the console would crash after less than 20 minutes of use.

Read full story at Afterdawn with links to many other sites reporting the problem.

Attachments

• 521180.jpg
    521180.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 1,318
Reaction score
Damn microsoft i cant wait for the Playstation 3 Playstation will always be supperior to Xbox in the way of games and simplicity i hope

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Wasnt the Xbox technically superior to the PS2 though?

The original Xbox had a processor running at 700Mhz whereas PS2 was at 300Mhz, the Xbox had a built in 10 GB Hard Disk to save settings and games, whereas the PS2 relied on removable memory. The graphics engine was similarly far better than PS2. So, yes Xbox in many ways was certainly superior.

I bought the PS2 and after two days returned it and in replacement got the Xbox, never looked back!

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I did the same as Quad read the reviews then went out and bought the xbox.....No Contest i'm afraid...:D

I suggest Microsoft get this sorted pretty quickly....;)

Reaction score
Test before the press, Xbox team

Quadophile said:
Teething problems have plagued the Microsoft Xbox 360. Many have been hugely disappointed, who had to stand in queue for hours to get one. It was in some cases bliss only for twenty minutes!

Ms.O'Donnell may be under stating the current Microsoft, push the product to market fiasco......Of ten people I know with the new Xbox 360, 9 are having problems the 10th's Xbox will not power up after the first 45 minutes of life......so I guess that is technically not a problem but a complete system failure

To whom it may concern Afterdawn link broken

Reaction score
Personaly, i hated the Xbox. I got the 360, and it was like everyone said, AWSOME. Although, like other 360 users it does crash, and the powe suply is unreasonablely huge. I am still a PS2 kind of persone, and i support them all the way, they take their time when they make their systems and make sure that all of the bugs are out. The PS3 is suposed to far surpass the 360.

Chris Pickering

Monkey Island Fanboy
Reaction score
So far I've only had a single crash on my 360, when I tried to have a peek at someone's gamer card whilst in the lobby before a race on Project Gothem Racing 3. Apart from that, I've not had a single problem *touches wood*

At NTSC-UK it seems most are having no problems with their 360's either, same at rllmuk. It's difficult to gauge just how big a proportion of 360's are suffering from crashes purely due to the fact that the one's suffering are much more eager to post a "OMG MY 360's DEAD" forum post rather than the rest of us posting many a "Yep, everythings fine with my 360".

Reaction score
It may just be the 360s in the states. I think the system is great but mine did crash more then just once.

Reaction score
Xbox 360 v PS3

i have been on sites that compare the Xbox360 and PS3 and ihave found that Xbox360 2x powerful then PS3 and any way the PS3 look stupid it looks like they tested it on a bear

Xbox 360:)
PS3:mad:

Reaction score
I dont know where i read this, but i will find it later, but i do believe that the PS3 is 3x as powerful as the XBOX 360 piece of junk :thumb:

Reaction score
360v PS3

Xbox is the surperior console and ps3 isn't but the ps looks are rubbish i mean the control looks to long for hands to use it and the Xbox 360 control looks easy so i say Xbox 360 is the surperior console and i leave it at that

XBOX RULES PS3 DULES
FOR XBOX 360
x360_logo_02.jpg

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
I have had both the PS2 and Xbox and have slightly favoured the PS not for gaming prowess but by the amount of choice of games . The Xbox 360 vs the PS3 will probably be governed by the same ideal (choice of games) . Do you think the games that are introduced early by both parties fully utilise the consoles capabilities / me thinks not (never has a game been made that couldn`t have been better on the platform it was introduced onto). Sony have a headstart because they rule consoles and Microsoft rule PCs.
In the end though i think that it is the choice of the indivuals and us humans are a fickle species ...

Reaction score
Xbox 360 V PS 3

well what ever i think that xbox is better then playstation and although that many games for PS2 and not many for Xbox Xbox is a surperior console to the lamo playstation i think sony should stick to making hearing aids and microsoft will make PC's and Xbox so there and any way sony are still discussing the price of PS3 and then the release date

x360_logo_02.jpg

Reaction score
Ahhh the console debate still goes on *sigh* :rolleyes:

kingnathski88 said:
I dont know where i read this, but i will find it later, but i do believe that the PS3 is 3x as powerful as the XBOX 360 piece of junk :thumb:

Proof?

Reaction score
kingnathski88 said:
Lol, here it goes, i think i read it in a nuts magazine

There you go bud! - A reliable source eh?

Best thing to do is get a list of the official 360 & PS3 specs and find out for yourself.

Don' forget the most powerful machine isn't necessarily the best one. :)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
... and I have had enough of this thread.

:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question