Microsoft 4000 keyboard shortcuts?

G

GeV

So I downloaded the latest driver from Microsoft for this wonderful keyboard. When I go to configure it there are keys in the Key
Settings List that are not on my keyboard. Is this normal? Do they include every key ever put on any Microsoft keyboard I wonder?
(Not good!).

And if I disable a key here does that mean that key cannot ever be used for anything else in any program or does it just mean the
Microsoft is not using it with a shortcut?

G

GeV

So I downloaded the latest driver from Microsoft for this wonderful keyboard. When I go to configure it there are keys in the Key
Settings List that are not on my keyboard. Is this normal? Do they include every key ever put on any Microsoft keyboard I
wonder? (Not good!).

I just realized that Microsoft for some bizarre reason has chosen to label the keys by their nicknames (like F5 = Open whereas most
of us associate F5 with refreshing something.) So it looks like all the keys on the MS 4000 keyboard are there. I've been using
this keyboard for years and now I find all these interesting shortcuts....:)

Ask a Question