Mice

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Aww, what a cute mouse... I was getting ready to howl :cry: until he began his workout :lol:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
It seems cute until you realise that he has 6 million brothers and sisters. :fool:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
It seems cute until you realise that he has 6 million brothers and sisters. :fool:
Yes, very true, but I just wish that their birth-rate could be controlled, rather than seeing them killed inhumanely... I know I'm a softie for anything that's furry and has four paws.... or hooves.....or trotters. :lol:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Yes, very true, but I just wish that their birth-rate could be controlled, rather than seeing them killed inhumanely... I know I'm a softie for anything that's furry and has four paws.... or hooves.....or trotters. :lol:

Cats used to do a good job until their owners got civilised and started with the collars and tinned food. Mind you cats tend to kill mice inhumanely. ;)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Don't you mean 6 billion.

I've recently had 6 million of the blighters in my house. :D

So why are you complaining. a true Tyke would be rubbing his hands with glee. :lol:

http://www.rense.com/general27/ram.htm

[SIZE=+4]Rat & Mice Recipes For Hard Times?[/SIZE][SIZE=+1]

[/SIZE][SIZE=+1]Mice aren't that bad. Especially not with chiles and tortillas! It's all how you look at them. When the big crash0 hits, you're going to drool for any extra mice running around your house.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]
[/SIZE]

http://bertc.com/subfive/recipes/cookingrats.htm

Stuffed Dormice / Ancient Rome
Prepare a stuffing of dormouse meat or pork, pepper, pine nuts, broth, asafoetida, and some garum (substitute anchovy paste.) Stuff the mice and sew them up. Bake them in an oven on a tile.

Farley Mowat also gives this innovative arctic explorer's recipe for souris à la crème.

Mice in Cream (Souris à la crème)
Skin, gut and wash some fat mice without removing their heads. Cover them in a pot with ethyl alcohol and marinate 2 hours. Cut a piece of salt pork or sowbelly into small dice and cook it slowly to extract the fat. Drain the mice, dredge them thoroughly in a mixture of flour, pepper, and salt, and fry slowly in the rendered fat for about 5 minutes. Add a cup of alcohol and 6 to 8 cloves, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Prepare a cream sauce, transfer the sautéed mice to it, and warm them in it for about 10 minutes before serving.

Sounds like a gourmet's survival meal to me.

So you could invite us all round for a PC Review slap up barbie at hardly any cost to yerself :cheers:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
1.gif
...It gets worse, poor little meeces. :D

Ask a Question