Messenger login problem - HOME ONLY

Reaction score
[font=verdana,tahoma,arial,helvetica]I cannot login to Live! Messenger on my home computer. I DO have a valid .NET password (it says I don't). This morning I had to reset my myspace and Yahoo! passwords due to possible phishing. After that I cannot login to L!M or Y!M.

The kicker? I can login, send, and receive messages on my cell phone with the new password!!! Just not my home computer.

Someone please, please help me before I lose my mind totally. I know it must be a cookie/temp file/history type setting. And I also have a Master Password set with Firefox. I just don't know where to start!

I CAN login to Yahoo! Mail, and I CAN login to the support page for the .NET Service. Everything is fine according to them!

Yes, I did change my password with Live! Support, and I still can't login
[/font]

Reaction score
have u tryed a password retrieval program for messenger?

There are plenty out there? Just to make sure its been set correctly?

Other alternatives I would do would be to uninstall/delete Live messenger sweep through registry removing all file concerning it (be careful) then delete all cookies. Reboot and reinstall it?

Reaction score
TriplexDread, thanks for replying. I just setup BellSouth Messenger (my provider), and I was able to access my YM and LM accounts withing BSM.

I have also deleted cache, cookies, history, etc. so my last resort is to uninstall / reinstall YM and LM. Any links you suggest for that?

Ask a Question