Windows Vista Message after Switching User

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
After using the "Switch User" option in Vista, my husband's log-on screen loads as it should, except there is a notification blinking on the left of the taskbar. When it's clicked it turns out to be this:

C\Programme Files\ASUS\AASP\1.00.25\AsLoader.exe"

... which is asking for Administrator permission to run. Just wondered what it is? The Mobo is ASUS, so I know it must have something to do with that... but wondering why it doesn't just load automatically...er...whatever it is?:blush: Thank you for looking :D

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
That is to do with the AsusProbe Diagnostic Suite - its legitimate, so I would just give it admin rights as I can't see how it would be a problem.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Ady is correct ... however, I would be annoyed to see it "running" for another user ... gives me the impression that other programs could do the same.

This is a classic case of an unnecessary program loading at boot ... check out AsusProbe and see if there is an option not to load unless you double-click the program yourself to do so.

:thumb:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Ah! Light dawns, thank you Ady and Mucks. On my log-on screen that programme only loads when I click on it, so now that I know what it is I can re-check it's settings. :thumb: Thank you both again :D

Ask a Question