Merry Xmas Everyone !

Reaction score
Hi, I Solesister from Glasgow, and I am new to all this too, esp. this bit ! I found this site and think it's fab. Bought my computer 8 months ago, and have recently been having a few problems with my internet browser, which i think was attacked by spyware. Setting up my business from home next year while working part-time, so will no doubt be a regular. Have a fab Xmas and don't overdo it too much ! Happy Hogmanay as well !

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Hi solesister, and a Big Welcome to PCR!!
fing31.gif

Hope you enjoy your time here, and don't forget to have a browse over at the Security, Spyware and Virus threads to help you get rid of your nasties!!

:)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
GAELIC if you please ...

Nollaig Chridheil

and a

Bliadhna Mhath Ur

Merry Chrismas and a Happy New Year

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
Merry Xmas to you too, and welcome to a somewhat festive PC Review :thumb:

Reaction score
'n arab Nadolig a a 'n Ddedwydd 'n Grai Blwyddyn.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

;)

Reaction score
Merry Christmas

Would you believe it... its becoming politically incorrect to say "Merry Christmas" here in the sates. We are now being told that we should say "Happy Holidays" instead.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all those who celebrate.
And happy holidays to any one the last statement left out. :)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
"incorrect politically correct"

Easy ... I ain't a politician ... so I don't care. :D

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Hi solesister, good to meet you :D Welcome to the site & have a great Xmas :)

(?so if I use x=the unknown is that correctly politically incorrect? After all, I work very hard on my political incorrectness & I wouldn't want to start getting all my incorrectnesses incorrect & suddenly find myself incorrectly being politically correct by accident!;) )

Reaction score
Raje said:
Would you believe it... its becoming politically incorrect to say "Merry Christmas" here in the sates. We are now being told that we should say "Happy Holidays" instead.

The word "Christmas" is a combination of the words "Christ" and "Mass.
so whats the difference Oh> the Politicians I get it:rolleyes: they can`t spell can they!!!!:rolleyes:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Raje said:

It's a little like that in the UK as well but not as bad as it seems to be getting in some US States, California in particular I hear.

Let me state that I'm totally non-religious but Christmas is part of my culture, I grew up in a society that is/was mostly Christian, the crusading days and Spanish Inquisition are history, nowadays them Christians seem mostly peacable to me so, yes, Christmas is cool, something to do in mid-winter innit?

All the muslims/hindus/buddhists/jews/wikkans/whatever I've spoken to don't find me wishing them a Happy Christmas offensive, it's just these loony (mostly local) politicians who think they're doing them a favour by trying to outlaw a festive greeting. Crazy.

For myself whenever I wish somebody a Merry Christmas I'm thinking inwardly 'happy midwinter' or Happy Solstice time'.

And cirianz, I did read somewhere that using Xmas is actually Ok, apparently it may have been the original greeting for celebrating Christ's birthday. Wish I still had the link to that, but I haven't.

I could go on, say most scholars reckon JC was born in August, say that I think he did live as a prophet/hippy/all round good geezer, say the Christians hijacked a Pagan ceremony, but I won't.

Suffice to say it's a horrible bleak time of year and Christmas is a damn good way of brightening it up :)

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
It's a little like that in the UK as well but not as bad as it seems to be getting in some US States, California in particular I hear.

Let me state that I'm totally non-religious but Christmas is part of my culture, I grew up in a society that is/was mostly Christian, the crusading days and Spanish Inquisition are history, nowadays them Christians seem mostly peacable to me so, yes, Christmas is cool, something to do in mid-winter innit?

All the muslims/hindus/buddhists/jews/wikkans/whatever I've spoken to don't find me wishing them a Happy Christmas offensive, it's just these loony (mostly local) politicians who think they're doing them a favour by trying to outlaw a festive greeting. Crazy.

For myself whenever I wish somebody a Merry Christmas I'm thinking inwardly 'happy midwinter' or Happy Solstice time'.

And cirianz, I did read somewhere that using Xmas is actually Ok, apparently it may have been the original greeting for celebrating Christ's birthday. Wish I still had the link to that, but I haven't.

I could go on, say most scholars reckon JC was born in August, say that I think he did live as a prophet/hippy/all round good geezer, say the Christians hijacked a Pagan ceremony, but I won't.

Suffice to say it's a horrible bleak time of year and Christmas is a damn good way of brightening it up :)

Very well said Flopps:thumb:

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
I could go on, say most scholars reckon JC was born in August,
Now your talking rubbish Flopps, everyone knows he was born in July!:D :D :D

Only kidding mate,;) I know what you mean and I agree with you whole-heartedly!:thumb: I was watching a program about the comedian Dave Allen last night and it reminded me of his "sign off" phrase which stuck with me. For those of you who don't know who or what I am talking about, he would end his shows with the phrase "May your god go with you", thereby including everyone who wished to be included. I thought that was a smart move, and this was all before the upsurge of politcal correctness!

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:

Yes indeed, well said. Although I'm a little disappointed about the Xmas :( I've always used it because it isn't (so I thought) attached to any god or religion, just the holiday & the goodwill. Ah well, I expect I'll survive the shock :eek:
As you said, christmas is a part of my culture & I'm happy to celebrate it & while I'm not religious personally I certainly don't find it offensive when my christian friends wish me a merry christmas & am happy to wish the same to all of my friends. Because that is really what christmas is about I think, a celebration of our relationships with the people we care about, and a great excuse for a good party & pig out ;)

Ask a Question