Memory Leak in DLLHOST.EXE

Hank Arnold

We just installed some software that monitors jut about every facet of a
server or workstation hardware or software. It generates alerts based on
criteria. I've noticed that on two of our servers (all are running W2K AS)
it says we have a memory leak in DLLHOST.EXE that runs about 1KB per minute.
That calculates to less than 10MB of RAM over a week (the period between
system re-boots) in a system that has 2GB of RAM.

I'd still like to try ands figure out why this is happening. One clue might
be that these two servers are running Terminal Services in Application mode
while the others are running in Administration mode. Both are running Citrix
MetaFrame XPa FP1. Any ideas?

Kevin [MSFT]

Leaks in dllhost.exe are most commonly caused by another app on the box that is hooking into dllhost rather than dllhost itself. To identify what is going on, I recommend opening a case with
Microsoft IIS support. They should be able to assist you in gathering the necessary dumps etc from the box to identify the leak. I would also recommend using leakdiag initially to further identify any
potential memory leak problems.

This message is provided as is and does not imply any warranty or gaurantee of support of any kind.