Medion Akoya computers

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows about the Medion Akoya company from the UK? I recently saw a Medion Akoya computer at Aldi's discount store, for only $500.00. It looked really nice!

Reaction score
I had a Medion 2 years back that lasted all of 6 months...And from what i've heard from other people they are a pile of..p**

Reaction score
The only good thing about them is the packaging they come in......

Crap they are:nod:

Reaction score
Ok, I was just curious. I did read though, that PCWorld or PCMagazine gave Medio Inc. an award of some kind, for being an up and coming good product to watch out for!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
billybobbbuddy said:
Ok, I was just curious. I did read though, that PCWorld or PCMagazine gave Medio Inc. an award of some kind, for being an up and coming good product to watch out for!

They would probably give Mesh a good review too if they were paid enough ;)

Payola, don't believe all that you read ;)

Reaction score
To billybbbuddy.visit the website set up to review Medion akoya computers and queries on a forum. Am I allowed to post the web address on here? If not maybe I can send you a pm.
jake03.

Reaction score
jake03, Does not matter what the reviews say they still are at the lower end of budget PC's!
And you get what you pay for!!!

Oh and where are my manners, welcome to the forum.
happywave.gif

Reaction score
Thank you feckit , the site I refer to is independent of the manufacturer run by people who have medion computers etc. And I am sure the amount of queries and questions on the site about medion computer is no more than any other manufacturers are getting. Granted they may not be the top end of the market but with a three warranty at no extra cost that can't be bad. Am I allowed to post the address on this forum?

Jake03

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
jake03 - go ahead.....a link to a PC help forum isn't a problem :thumb:

Reaction score
The site looks more like an "offical" Aldi site to me!:rolleyes:
But as i'm human i could be wrong!

Reaction score
Because it's an un-offical site that has links to Aldi so it's all hush, hush!
Waynos_Face just register for it, after all we let you join here!!!:p

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
feckit said:
The site looks more like an "offical" Aldi site to me!:rolleyes:
But as i'm human i could be wrong!
You may be human then, as it clearly states that it is an unofficial forum:

This is an unofficial support forum, with no
connection to either Aldi or Medion.

Looking around it I have no reason to disbelieve them :)

Reaction score
OK so it's unofficial, but having a link to the general Aldi site is a bit strange.
They do have one for the PC's they sell though.

Also surprised that in their registering of the name Aldi have let them use their name?
After all it's nothing to do with Aldi??

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
There are many many manufacturers etc with unofficial forums as well as there own official ones - its nothing unusual ;)

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Getting back on topic - I still have and use a Gericom lappy that I bought from Aldi many years ago....never had a problem with it :thumb:

Reaction score
Well i've started to shop at Aldi as some of their German beer is much cheaper than elsewhere!:thumb:

Reaction score
Yes feckit their German beer is cheap and good.

Well I certainly created some reaction and all I wanted to do was let "billybobbbuddy" know were he could find out more info on Aldi/Medion computers from a non manufacturer source.
I have the Medion Akoya P7300 D with 1TB HDD and 4Gb of RAM and I am quite happy with it as many customers are. I agree that there may be many computers on the market at the higher end of the market at a price plus extra price for warranty. Thank you all for your comments. jake03
icon7.gif

Ask a Question