Meaning of slow red pulse in W/less Laser Mouse 8000??

P

Peter

As with most of Microsoft's hardware, there never is any literature that
fully explains everything. I just bought this as part of Entertainment
Desktop 8000 bundle.
The mouse uses one rechargeable Energizer battery. If I put the mouse on
the recharger it slowly flashes green - charging, which is OK. Then it will
start rapidly flashing red, which I believe means fully charged.
Within minutes of removing it from the charger it starts slow red flashing,
which I take as "battery needs charging" - what gives with this stupid
thing? It's actually fully charged because I've taken it out and charged on
my own battery charger.

P

Phaedron Ennius

Somehow I doubt that this is the full explanation of what the Microsoft Mobile Memory Mouse 8000 is doing.
The one here now regularly works with Windows 7 but it flashes red constantly. Only occasionally does it behave, going green, charges and making a connection, then light fading out - as it should. When wired.
The battery's fine, because it can work for some days with a wireless connection. It just doesn't want to work going green then quiescent.
What's the driver doing?

P

Phaedron Ennius

Somehow I doubt that this is the full explanation of what the Microsoft Mobile Memory Mouse 8000 is doing.
The one here now regularly works with Windows 7 but it flashes red constantly. Only occasionally does it behave, going green, charges and making a connection, then light fading out - as it should. When wired.
The battery's fine, because it can work for some days with a wireless connection. It just doesn't want to work going green then quiescent.
What's the driver doing?

P

Phaedron Ennius

What's the driver doing?

Ask a Question