McAfee again

Reaction score
I have just bought a computer (not intentionally I might add) with McAfee Total Protection V5 and what a nightmare it is. Anyone tried this mess of software it is a nightmare. Would you belive that even McAfee themsleves can't uninstall it what bunch. McAfee Enterprise Support what a joke:fool: anyone know how to get r id of t his?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
How does one unintentionally purchase a computer?

Uninstall? I presume you've looked at McAfee's site to see if there is any info?

If not, try normal uninstall method from Control panel delete all McAfee folders in program files; delete any McAfee files and folders in Application data; delete all positively identified McAfee entries in the registry (use search function within registry).

And if that still doesn't produce the desired result there's always format: C

Reaction score
I once went out for a pack of Floppy Disks and came back with a spanking new laptop.:lol:
Must admit it got well used and lasted for 4 years, good old toshiba now in pc heaven.:drool:

Ask a Question