Windows XP MB Drivers

peahouse05

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
Hi All
Working on Son-in-Law's second hand Sempron 3000 Foxconn Winfast PC MCP61PM2MA-8EKRS2H Socket AM2 with 1GB DDR 2 RAM. He was having trouble with installing stuff from CDs and it not recognising USB hub, card reader and displaying file errors. He had the MB box, manual and MB driver CD so tried to re-install XP from an unopened OEM disk.
Asked me to look at it when the disk formatting kept stopping at 79% on every attempt. I tried the HD as a slave on my machine and the same thing happened. I have now installed XP successfully on another HD but unfortunately it does not have drivers for PCI Device, SM Bus controller, USB Controller and VGA Controller as shown in Hardware.
Tried the MB driver CD - the box and all the rest must have been for the original MB, not the one currently installed.
Downloaded the correct manual from the Foxconn Support and Downloads site and NVIDIA Chipset driver, NVIDIA VGA driver but could not find the Realtek HDA Audio driver mentioned in the manual.
Put a CD of the drivers into the Foxconn machine and the display went crazy and Windows crashed. The downloads are identified by the MC number in the MB description so I assume I have the correct drivers.
BTW also changed the CD writer.
Stuck!
Any advice gratefully received
Thanks in advance
peahouse05:thumb:

Last edited:

peahouse05

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
Hi
Stupid idiot! Replacement CD writer was faulty?. Still no drivers for PCI Device and Universal Serial Bus Controller but I can now connect the machine to the internet. Any info on these two still welcome though.
Cheers
peahouse05:blush:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
laughingsmiley.gif
Faulty cd drive
laughingsmiley.gif
tell me about it
laughingsmiley.gif
same prob caused me loads of probs .
laughingsmiley.gif

peahouse05

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
Thanks VAIO, I do need the audio driver but it is timing out on download - predicting over 6 hours - perhaps this file contains drivers for loads of MBs?
True, Abarbarian - it gets worse - the original CD writer was OK.
Cheers
peahouse05:)

Ask a Question