max password age

Q

quy nguyen

Hi,
I am system administrator and I try to set password age to 0. however, this feature is disable so I can not change it. How can I have the access to change this. My system is Windows XP SP2. Thanks

Reaction score
Re

Windows XP local user accounts are not that advanced that you can tell them to expire after xx number of days. Is your computer a member of a domain or some other network? This is the only way im familiar with that you can tell an account it will expire after so many days.
TRY THIS. click start, click control panel, open Administrative tools, open Computer management, on the left click the + sign next to LOCAL USERS AND GROUPS, then click on the users folder. On the right double click the user in question, when it comes up, on the general tab put a check next to Password Never Expires. This should accomplish the same thing you are tryin to do.

A

Arkadiusz 'Black Fox' Artyszuk

quy said:
I am system administrator and I try to set password age to 0. however,
this feature is disable so I can not change it. How can I have the
access to change this. My system is Windows XP SP2. Thanks

Setting maximum password age to 0 IMHO is not correct value and maybe
this is why you cannot change it...

Ask a Question