Margins---pt or inches

G

I hate to be a pest but this forum is so small and difficult to navigate that I have been unable to find the post I made about this same problem some time ago.
For several years my Word 2000 software showed all my page margins in Inches. Suddenly it changed to pt (whatever that means) and I can't find a word about the subject in Help. Very frustrating. I wnat my Inches back.

G

If you go to Tools/Options and select the general tab - towards the bottom there is a section - Measurement Units - select inches. (pts means points by the way.) I prefer inches myself.

D

Doug Robbins - Word MVP - DELETE UPPERCASE CHARACT

See the article "What are those strange ruler measurements" on fellow MVP
Graham Mayor's website at

http://www.gmayor.com/Character_Units.htm

--
Please post any further questions or followup to the newsgroups for the
benefit of others who may be interested. Unsolicited questions forwarded
directly to me will only be answered on a paid consulting basis.
Hope this helps
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

G

Many thanks for the solution to my problem of getting back my Inches in the margin section of Page Setup. Like most all computer related problems the solution was so simple but so frustratingly hard to find. Just go to TOOLS-OPTIONS-GENERAL and then pick the margin measurment unit you want to use. The question of course still remains: What in the hell changed it in the first place?

Ask a Question