MapPoint 2004 Keeps Crashing Outlook

Karl Burrows

Running Outlook 2003 and installed MapPoint 2004 for a database program I am
working on. Outlook will run fine for a few days with the install and then
all of a sudden keeps crashing. After trying to open Outlook a half dozen
times, it will finally open, but the MapPoint features no longer work. If I
uninstall it, wait a few days and install it again, it will work for a few
days and quit again.

Any suggestions where to start to get these two to play nicely together?
The only file I get in the error message is Outlook.exe.

Thanks!

Roady [MVP]

What exactly is logged to the Event Viewer regarding this? Is MapPoint your
only add-in for Outlook?

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-What do the Outlook Icons Mean?

Karl Burrows

Here are the 2 error messages from the Event Viewer:

Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.6353.0, faulting module
outllib.dll, version 11.0.6359.0, fault address 0x002d5284.

Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.6353.0, stamp 408f2937,
faulting module outllib.dll, version 11.0.6359.0, stamp 40c8adfd, debug? 0,
fault address 0x002d5284.

I have the following add-ins:

Palm
PST Backup
A custom add-in I created to add HTML stationary (used it for years with no
problems)
Symantec Corp Edition

Let me know what you think! Thanks!

-----
Karl Burrows said:
Running Outlook 2003 and installed MapPoint 2004 for a database program I
am
working on. Outlook will run fine for a few days with the install and
then
all of a sudden keeps crashing. After trying to open Outlook a half dozen
times, it will finally open, but the MapPoint features no longer work. If
uninstall it, wait a few days and install it again, it will work for a few
days and quit again.

Any suggestions where to start to get these two to play nicely together?
The only file I get in the error message is Outlook.exe.

Thanks!

Roady [MVP]

I would start by updating Outlook. I see you are not at Service Pack 1 level
yet. You can use Help-> Check for Updates to update your version.

--

Karl Burrows said:
Here are the 2 error messages from the Event Viewer:

Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.6353.0, faulting module
outllib.dll, version 11.0.6359.0, fault address 0x002d5284.

Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.6353.0, stamp 408f2937,
faulting module outllib.dll, version 11.0.6359.0, stamp 40c8adfd, debug?
0,
fault address 0x002d5284.

I have the following add-ins:

Palm
PST Backup
A custom add-in I created to add HTML stationary (used it for years with
no
problems)
Symantec Corp Edition

Let me know what you think! Thanks!

in
message news:%[email protected]...

Karl Burrows said:
Running Outlook 2003 and installed MapPoint 2004 for a database program I
am
working on. Outlook will run fine for a few days with the install and
then
all of a sudden keeps crashing. After trying to open Outlook a half dozen
times, it will finally open, but the MapPoint features no longer work. If
uninstall it, wait a few days and install it again, it will work for a few
days and quit again.

Any suggestions where to start to get these two to play nicely
together?
The only file I get in the error message is Outlook.exe.

Thanks!

Karl Burrows

I have SP1 installed. There are no other updates available.

Karl Burrows said:
[...]

program
am
working on. Outlook will run fine for a few days with the install and
then
all of a sudden keeps crashing. After trying to open Outlook a half dozen
times, it will finally open, but the MapPoint features no longer
work.
If
uninstall it, wait a few days and install it again, it will work for
few
days and quit again.

Any suggestions where to start to get these two to play nicely
together?
The only file I get in the error message is Outlook.exe.

Thanks!

Roady [MVP]

Does it work when you disable the other add-ins? I've got the Europe and
North America version of MapPoint installed and both are working nicely with
Outlook.

--

Karl Burrows said:
Here are the 2 error messages from the Event Viewer:

Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.6353.0, faulting module
outllib.dll, version 11.0.6359.0, fault address 0x002d5284.

Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.6353.0, stamp 408f2937,
faulting module outllib.dll, version 11.0.6359.0, stamp 40c8adfd,
debug?
0,
fault address 0x002d5284.

I have the following add-ins:

Palm
PST Backup
A custom add-in I created to add HTML stationary (used it for years
with
no
problems)
Symantec Corp Edition

Let me know what you think! Thanks!

"Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net>
wrote
in
message What exactly is logged to the Event Viewer regarding this? Is MapPoint
your
only add-in for Outlook?

--
[...]

I tried disabling the other add-ins, but that didn't do anything. The
buttons are grayed out in some windows and show up in others, but are not
active. I can't really disable the other add-in's permanently. If I
uninstall and reinstall MapPoint, it will work for a few days, then start
crashing Outlook. If I run the debug, it will finally open Outlook after a
few more tries, but then everything with MapPoint is disabled.

Any other thoughts? Thanks for the help with this!

Karl Burrows said:
[...]

I'm currently not at my MapPoint PC but see if there is something not right
listed here;
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins]

In addition to that locate extend.dat and rename it to .old. This will reset
the registry cache for Outlook Add-Ins.

--

Karl Burrows said:
I tried disabling the other add-ins, but that didn't do anything. The
buttons are grayed out in some windows and show up in others, but are not
active. I can't really disable the other add-in's permanently. If I
uninstall and reinstall MapPoint, it will work for a few days, then start
crashing Outlook. If I run the debug, it will finally open Outlook after
few more tries, but then everything with MapPoint is disabled.

Any other thoughts? Thanks for the help with this!

in
message news:%23qGEg7%[email protected]...

Karl Burrows said:
I have SP1 installed. There are no other updates available.

"Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net>
wrote
in
message I would start by updating Outlook. I see you are not at Service Pack 1
[...]

Perfect!!!!

I'll bet it is the Symantec that messed it up. It does a pretty good job
messing everything else up. Thanks!

Karl Burrows said:
[...]

You're welcome! :)

--

Karl Burrows said:
I tried disabling the other add-ins, but that didn't do anything. The
buttons are grayed out in some windows and show up in others, but are not
active. I can't really disable the other add-in's permanently. If I
uninstall and reinstall MapPoint, it will work for a few days, then start
crashing Outlook. If I run the debug, it will finally open Outlook after
few more tries, but then everything with MapPoint is disabled.

Any other thoughts? Thanks for the help with this!

"Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net>
wrote
in
message Does it work when you disable the other add-ins? I've got the Europe and