Mandriva 2006 ... all messed up

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Frustrations are setting in again.
crying.gif

First, it looks like I really messed up the installation as I seem to have 2 hard drives.
In 'devices' I do not see a HD Icon ... I see three removable drives Icons ... sdd5, sdf5 & sdf7 ... Now if that confuses you, think how confused I am.

One of them is the external USB drive, sdf7 ... that was easy to work out. Turn it off and 'refresh' the Devices window and its gone. Why do I have to close and open the Devices Window to see this?
blink.gif
oops, I now have 4 removable drives.
blink.gif
... sdd5, sdf5, sdg5, sdg7 ... no spelling mistake, where did sdf7 go?
huh.gif

When I insert my 256 USB stick I see a HD Icon for it
pinch.gif
it works, but it aint a HD.
rolleyes.gif

I installed Opera, wait for it, wait for it ... and I can't find it.
hysterical.gif
Yep, I still haven't grasped that one yet, I still think if you download an RPM and use the "Software Installer" that it should be available on the KMenu somewhere.

Kmail ... will not stay in the that little area by the clock (is it called the taskbar in Linux?) ... it did, now when I click on it, it closes, click any other 'program' down there and they open. In Suse I was able to open Firefox from an email link, can't seem to find where that is now.

The Floppy drive works ... But, my LS120 floptical causes the desktop to go blank & black and CTRL+ALT+BACKSPACE does not work ... The K Menu is still there but log-out does not work, I have to use reset. Did this twice, so I don't use it now.
dry.gif

Thank you for reading, if you can 'help' please do ... I'm not frightened by using Konsole so if I have to I will. I have done my usual RTFM for the past 4 hours, and have not gotten anywhere.
stuart.gif

mucks.
sweatingbullets.gif

Hey Ian ... can we have some of these neat smillies. :D

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I FOUND OPERA ... DON'T PANIC ... IT WAS IN BROWSERS

now why was I looking in email?

Ask a Question