Malware + PCreview?

Reaction score
Malwarebytes just flagged this site as dodgy?
Turned the alerts off for the site but why did it kick in?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Eek, I have no idea why! Could you send me a screenshot with details of the message please, as that is quite worrying!

Has anyone else had this?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Of course this site is dodgy. It must be - I'm a member :D

But no, I've never had an AV or AMW software program identify PC Review as iffy.

I'm using MSE and Malwarebytes btw.

The more I read, actually, I'm seriously considering not using an AV program at all. And no, it's not a rash decision, from what I can glean from informed articles, AV software is highly overrated. Which is just how the software vendors like it, they're very happy thinking that most folk think AV software is essential.

It probably hasn't been essential since Win XP. If, of course, you're savvy to the threats.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I'm away at the most so can't check but it could be the ads rather than the site?

Reaction score
Well settings changed and all back to normal service now.
Is flopps on some other "dodgy" sites then??

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I think @V_R probably hit the nail on the head and it may have been a rogue advert or something like that - I'm going to keep it installed for the trial period and see if anything pops up :).

Reaction score
Strangely enough I had the same thing the other day but as I knew it was a safe site I ignored it.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I'd assume its the ads, mind you I haven't seen any advertising on any webpage for a long time thanks to ublock origin and/or ad block pro. ;)

Reaction score
If it helps Ian, the alert coiming up was for iwant? / or something similiar?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
If it helps Ian, the alert coiming up was for iwant? / or something similiar?
Thanks feckit, if you or anyone else spot it again please do let me know the page it popped up on and can take a screenshot of the message. That would be a huge help and I can block whichever advertiser it is. There's pretty much non-existent advertising for members, so it may be a while before we get a chance to find it.

Ask a Question