Making color scheme stick!!

G

Does anyone know how to make a setting, perhaps in "group policy" or the registry, in order for a windows color scheme of my choice(default blue, silver, olive green, etc.) to boot up as that choice in spite of the fact that I may have changed the scheme manually just before shutdown

I sometimes experiment with different color schemes and forget to change back before shutdown.

M

mrtee

Ever see the screen "saving your settings". The color scheme at shutdown is one of those settings.

--
Just my 2¢ worth
Jeff
__________in response to__________
| Does anyone know how to make a setting, perhaps in "group policy" or the registry, in order for a windows color scheme of my choice(default blue, silver, olive green, etc.) to boot up as that choice in spite of the fact that I may have changed the scheme manually just before shutdown?
|
| I sometimes experiment with different color schemes and forget to change back before shutdown.

G

Are you talking about the little "saving your settings" screen that appears as your computer is shutting down? If it is, then you're not understanding my question. Also, it may not even be possible to do what I want to do. Let's see if I can be more clear

Let's say I always want my computer to boot up to a particular color scheme. For the sake of argument, we'll make it the default blue color scheme. At sometime during a session I experiment with different color schemes. Let's say I change to the olive green color scheme and then go about my business. Eventually I shutdown my computer, but I shut it down without changing back to the default blue color scheme. I'm still on the olive green color scheme on shutdown. When I boot up again I want the default blue color scheme to appear not the olive green.

Is there a way to make the blue color scheme appear on boot up in spite of changes I may have made just before shutdown

M

mrtee

I understood what you wrote the first time.

--
Just my 2¢ worth
Jeff
| Are you talking about the little "saving your settings" screen that appears as your computer is shutting down? If it is, then you're not understanding my question. Also, it may not even be possible to do what I want to do. Let's see if I can be more clear.
»snip«|
| Is there a way to make the blue color scheme appear on boot up in spite of changes I may have made just before shutdown?
|
|

M

mrtee

I have not seen it done, or even heard of that being done.

What you have when you shutdown is what you get when you boot.

You could create another user and set those settings differently and log in as that user.

--
Just my 2¢ worth
Jeff
| Then if you understand, how do I do it?
|
| Is it even possible?

Ask a Question