Make OEM reinstallation CD ask for product key

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Stefan Kanthak said:
<http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt>
Now you have a second source. Go ahead and reconfigure your NUA!

Perhaps I'm missing the relevant section. I see in section "2.1.2 For
talk:" where it mentions breaking at 70 characters (which I have now
configured, even though it is in a Talk section rather than a NetNews
section as it isn't unreasonable), but nothing about not re-breaking
quoted lines. Can you point me to that portion?

--
Zaphod

Arthur Dent, speaking to Trillian about Zaphod:
"So, two heads is what does it for a girl?"
"...Anything else he's got two of?"

Stefan Kanthak

Zaphod Beeblebrox said:
Perhaps I'm missing the relevant section. I see in section "2.1.2 For
talk:" where it mentions breaking at 70 characters (which I have now
configured, even though it is in a Talk section rather than a NetNews
section as it isn't unreasonable), but nothing about not re-breaking
quoted lines. Can you point me to that portion?

When you quote text, both in mail or news, you either quote literally
without change to the original formatting (1st choice), or reformat the
WHOLE quote (2nd choice, typically used with "format=fla^Howed").

Outlook Express does neither, but breaks lines which exceed the margin
due to the prepended "> " once more. This generates alternating long
and very short lines, looks ugly and is hard to read.

Stefan

Peter Foldes

And maybe if you Upgrade your Outlook Express 5 then most probably the text will
appear formatted properly. Think before you speak.

--
Peter

"Stefan Kanthak"

Zaphod Beeblebrox

"Stefan Kanthak"
<dont.delete-this.dont.remove-this.nospam@expires-2009-03-31.arcornews.de>
wrote in message
When you quote text, both in mail or news, you either quote
literally
without change to the original formatting (1st choice), or reformat
the
WHOLE quote (2nd choice, typically used with "format=fla^Howed").

Outlook Express does neither, but breaks lines which exceed the
margin
due to the prepended "> " once more. This generates alternating long
and very short lines, looks ugly and is hard to read.

You still haven't provided a reference to support your preference.
Although I agree that it would be better if OE handled it that way, it
doesn't. Sorry, but I'm not inclined to manually re-format my posts
to satisfy you. As I said, you are the only one who has complained.
If it bothers you that much (as I'm certainly not the only poster
using OE that will have this formatting), perhaps you can somehow
pre-process the postings to your liking.

Stefan Kanthak

Peter Foldes said:
And maybe if you Upgrade your Outlook Express 5 then most probably the text will
appear formatted properly.

No, it won't. Not with OE, not with other, even GNKSA-compliant NUAs.
A badly formatted post stays so.
Think before you speak.

Dito!

Your sicknature is WAY to long. Shorten it to the common 4 lines!

Stefan

Stefan Kanthak

Wrong! Read said:
Although I agree that it would be better if OE handled it that way, it
doesn't. Sorry, but I'm not inclined to manually re-format my posts
to satisfy you. As I said, you are the only one who has complained.
If it bothers you that much (as I'm certainly not the only poster
using OE that will have this formatting), perhaps you can somehow
pre-process the postings to your liking.

PLONK!

Stefan

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Stefan Kanthak said:
Wrong! Read <http://oe-faq.de/> to understand the bad behaviour of
OE.

Didn't say I didn't understand the less-than-optimal behavior of OE
(and in fact, admitted it, see below), I said you didn't provide a
reference that supported your preference that it *should* be done that
way. The Nettiquite RFC you provided doesn't address that aspect, and
sorry, I don't speak German so neither of your .de links were helpful
to me. Even if I did speak German, this is an English newsgroup, so
references should conform.

Was it good for you? And yes, I know what it means, and that in
theory you won't see this post. Perhaps that's for the best.