Windows XP MailMsgAtt

Reaction score
I am in a domain environment with Windows Server 2003 machines and XP Pro clients. We had previously been getting an error that MailMsgAtt needs to be installed when clicking links to items in public folders. This was initially resolved with Office 2007 SP1, but has returned.
Most people have the Office 2003 suite, but we have upgraded to Outlook 2007, all other porgrams are 2003. Ever since Office 2007 SP2, this MailMsgAtt error has returned. Has anyone run across this again? It only happens to some people and is resolved by rolling back Office 2007 SP2 & KB969907, but these need to be on the machines.
I found that if I use the Outlook profile of someone having the issue when I am logged in to my machine, the error occurs. However if I log into my machine as THEM and use my own Outlook profile, it still gives me the error, so I can't really determine if it is specific to the Outlook profile.
I am pulling my hair out, any ideas?!

Reaction score
Just to clarify, people are clicking links to public folders in emails sent to them using Outlook 2007, with an Exchange 2003 backend.

Ask a Question