Reaction score
Hi,

Bit of a weird one...

Vista Unltimate x64
Outlook 2003
ISP: BTInternet
Webmail provider: Green Web Host

Incoming mail server (POP3): mail.mydomain.com
Outgoing mail sever (SMTP): mail.outitgoes.com (this is my webmail providers SMTP server which they reccomend)

I haven't had a problem for the last year, I've been able to send and recieve as you'd expect. In the last two days I have had trouble sending email. I have changed no settings in outlook, and no software or settings on my computer. The mail gets stuck in the outbox and I recieve error:

Task '(e-mail address removed) - Sending' reported error (0x8004210B) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

Ocassionally, I'd say once a day the emails get sent. And then the problem continues.

I have tried changing the outgoing port to 587, increasing the timeout settings, and disabling AVG pro. All with no change.

My webmail provider says it's not a problem at their end.

Any ideas on this, I have no idea what else to do.

Many thanks

Reaction score
Something I forgot to mention - I can log into my webmail online (a service provided by my host), and I can send from there fine.

Thanks.

Ask a Question