Word Macro for Hyperlinks Word

Reaction score
Hi,

Wondering if anyone might have a macro code.

What I have is a huge document with loads of file paths which I want to be able to convert into hyperlinks in one click.

The document is a Word 2007. When I press enter at the end of a file path it automatically converts it to a hyperlink. I do not want to have to go through the whole document and press return at the end of each file path.

What I want to do is highlight the whole document, click one button and for all the links to be converted to hyperlinks.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
B

Reaction score
Bexy,

It is not exactly one button, but if you select all (ctrl>a) then ctrl>shift>F9 might work. I tested it in Word 2010.

Stoneboysteve

Reaction score
Thanks Steve.

Unfortuantely, that just removes the hyperlink in Word 2007. If I have no links in the document and try that, it does nothing :(

"\\server\location\location\folder\folder\folder\folder\folder\folder\folder\document6_1.DOC"

My link is as above - I copy it from a wordpad which is where it is stored and paste it into word (I could effectively paste it into any application if there was an easier way just to make them all into links). When I go to the end of the file path and hit enter, it automatically brings in the hyperlink which is what I want. But I have hundreds of filepaths to create into links and for laziness I just want a quicker way, I was thinking a macro would have been the way but perhaps there is a different way - like using the find/replace option somehow trying to get a paragraph mark in so it updates the path to a link?

Thanks
B

Reaction score
Bexy,

I got ahead of myself. I am writing a paper and used the command 10 minutes before I responded to your thread, my mistake- I was in the remove hyperlink mode.

I tested your file path by pasting into excel without the quotes, it pasted as a hyperlink.

Steve

Reaction score
Thanks Steve

Unfortuantely, I dont want to have to go through all the links and delete the quotes. Even if I use the find and replace to take the quotes out and then paste the document into excel it doesn't work they dont come in as hyperlinks for me :(

They only way I can get it to come in as hyperlinks is placing the cursor at the end of the file path and either SPACEBAR or ENTER and then it brings in the hyperlink

I will succeed in finding a way!!! There is no urgency to this so I'm going to keep looking.

Thanks for your prompt responses to all my queries lately

B

Reaction score
WOOOHOOOOO I have found the solution to my problem

Ctrl + Alt + K automatically changes them all to hyperlinks - yippee i've just saved myself a huge amount of time :cheers:

Ask a Question