lots of popus

Reaction score
this dont normally happen to me but today ive noticed that im getting lots of popus
its really annoying me

i dont get this has happened.

my pop up blocker is on and everything but it still dont stop them

what should i do abt it?
some sort of software needed rite? please adviise me

thanks

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Sounds like spyware if they are coming from out of the blue! Or, if it is just whilst browsing they may just be a new breed of popups that can bypass a popup blocker? (I still get a couple with the SP2 pack, but not many at all).

Reaction score
its whilst im browsing Admin,
i gess its only a couple at the moment but im scared itll increase
:(

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Does it happen on all sites, or just a few? (as this site shouldn't have any popups).

Reaction score
that would be spyware/adware... run the fully updated version of Adaware 6.0 and it should pick up the stuff...

I had loads of pop ups until i deleted them...

Reaction score
yes i can rule out this its not this site!

thanks ill run adaware and see what i find
fingers crossed eh :)

Reaction score
pop-up problems

recently I've downloaded antispy tool from microsoft, it is realy amazing, easy to use, it solved ol of mine my pop-up issues!

Reaction score
yep try m$ anti spyware.. while none of the scanners around tend to detect or remove the latest advert / spy software the m$ one has a nice feature of alerting you to new browser helper objects and startup items - very nice - link to DL it (free!) http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en

a lot of people have been infected with something called 'solid peer' it basically infects your browser and pops up advert windows as you surf,. at this point (well as of a day or 2 ago) neither spybot or adaware could remove it properly.. luckily it has a reasonable uninstaller - is step by step guide > Remove Solid Peer :)

Sil

Last edited:
Reaction score
negatvie ive tried all that

done a full system scan
but the bloody popus still come through and they get worse too. i still get words HIGHLITED in green colour,its so annoying
umm i want to uninstall and reinstall IE but i cant even do that :(

so the short term soultion is to move to a different browser for now
i hate this spyware/adaware stuff

Reaction score
sure it's not solid peer, check your add-remove programs list, have you installed anything recently like morpheous ?

Sil

Reaction score
i looked on my add/remove i see one thing

START NOW but im sure ve had that for ages, and cuz when i ran adaware rwmoval when i try to unistall it it dont unistall..

the only thing i can hink of that ive installed recently is GTA2 a free and legal download

i dont see solid peer there which i think is good news anyway

Reaction score
i tried to get into messenger through ilomeim site, but i found this sentences (there is a popup blocker in your brouser. it may stop chat windows open when you click on a contact or some body sends you a message. please disable the blocker in order to use our web messenger service.)
my question is how can i remove or clean my browser?

Ask a Question