Windows XP Lost Network and Audio

Reaction score
I reloaded XP onto my PC after a virus and cannot get the sound card or networking to work, so unable to get onto the internet to obtain updated drivers, etc.

Error message states "no network device installed" and "no sound card found" although they were both there before reinstallation from the XP CD.
Can anyone advise as to what I can do to make the PC operational again?

(Bit of a numbskull with PC's so please make it very simple!!)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
You need drivers for both instances.

You can't get on the internet to download those drivers without the network driver. Snookered.

If the PC/Motherboard came with a CD then those drivers will very likely be on that CD.

You could try setting up a Network from Control Panel/Network, XP may have drivers for your network in which case you could get online and update both drivers.

Alternatively, take a usb stick to a friends' computer who can get online and obtain the drivers that way.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
What make of computer do you have ? What motherboard does it use. Drivers can be loaded to a memory stick and installed that way...

Edit: FBS post hadn't been posted when I posted.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
If you don't have the CD that came with your PC or motherboard, then the manufacturers website. If you let us know the model PC/laptop you've got, or the motherboard model and we can probably find the link for you :).

Ask a Question