    apply and ok. I don't know how I lost it, but I really use it a lot and need
    to find out how to get it back.
    Any ideas??????????????

    djdwill, Jan 18, 2008

  2. djdwill

    John Inzer Guest

    djdwill wrote:
    > I recently lost my view "filmstrip" options in windows picture
    > viewer. I've read some of these similar problems and answers.
    > Running REGSVR32 /i SHIMGVW.DLL and trying to customize in a
    > folder/properties didn't give me an option to customize. I also
    > tried under tools/folder options/general/tasks to choose "show common
    > tasks, but it stays gray (inactive) even when I try apply and ok. I
    > don't know how I lost it, but I really use it a lot and need to find
    > out how to get it back.
    > Any ideas??????????????

    =================================
    If you right click a folder and choose...
    Properties...do you see the Customize tab?
    If you do...open the drop window and choose ...
    Pictures / Apply / OK.

    After running the regsvr32 /i shimgvw.dll
    command....did you receive the dialog box
    that says:

    DllRegisterServer and DllInstall in shimgvw.dll succeeded

    --

    John Inzer
    MS Picture It! -

    Digital Image
    Highlights and FAQs
    http://support.microsoft.com/ph/695

    Notice
    This is not tech support
    I am a volunteer

    Solutions that work for
    me may not work for you

    Proceed at your own risk

    John Inzer, Jan 18, 2008

  3. djdwill

    djdwill Guest

    I do not see the option "customize" when I right click a folder, only general
    and sharing tabs appear.
    Yes, I did get the "succeeded" message after running the regsvr32 /i
    shimgvw.dll
    What exactly is that function for?

    djdwill, Jan 23, 2008
  4. djdwill

    John Inzer Guest

    djdwill wrote:
    > I do not see the option "customize" when I right click a folder, only
    > general and sharing tabs appear.

    =============================
    Read the following article:

    Customize tab is missing in Folder Properties
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/customizetab.htm
    > Yes, I did get the "succeeded" message after running the regsvr32 /i
    > shimgvw.dll
    > What exactly is that function for?

    That command forces Windows to reinstall
    shimgvw.dll (Windows Picture and Fax Viewer)

    John Inzer, Jan 23, 2008