Lost/ duplicate mail

Rob9999

First time post so apologies if it is in the wrong place.
I am using Vista premium and I am on BT yahoo and I receive e mail
into outlook 2003. I am receiving mails ok into my internet mailbox bu
when they go into outlook they sometimes are received and duplicated a
a mail that I had ages ago and the original is lost.
The way I noticed is that I was missing mail and when I looked i
unread mail I found that I had the same duplicate mail from months ag
and they increased as I received more mail.
I have now leave a copy of the mail on the server so I can easily se
that the mails have been downloaded but have not reached outlook.
I deleted the original mail, reinstalled office, ran virus and malwar
checks but it has now started to do it again.
Does anyone any idea what this could be

DL

If you have anti virus installed that scans mail, uninstall the Av, reboot
the PC, reinstall the AV *without* the outlook intergration.
Within Outlook, check the auto send receve interval is not less than 10
minutes

Rob9999

;319589']If you have anti virus installed that scans mail, uninstall th

"Rob9999" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message

First time post so apologies if it is in the wrong place.
I am using Vista premium and I am on BT yahoo and I receive e mails
into outlook 2003. I am receiving mails ok into my internet mailbo
but
when they go into outlook they sometimes are received and duplicate
as
a mail that I had ages ago and the original is lost.
The way I noticed is that I was missing mail and when I looked in
unread mail I found that I had the same duplicate mail from month
ago
and they increased as I received more mail.
I have now leave a copy of the mail on the server so I can easily see
that the mails have been downloaded but have not reached outlook.
I deleted the original mail, reinstalled office, ran virus an
malware
checks but it has now started to do it again.
Does anyone any idea what this could be?

Hi,
I am using NEtprotect from BT/McAfee and i do not think there is a
option to do an custom install.
What i did do was just turn off the mail checker and the problem wa
fixed. I
guess i need to contact them to find out what the issue is and how i
can be resolved.
thanks for the post as it has saved me a huge headach

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

I am using NEtprotect from BT/McAfee and i do not think there is an
option to do an custom install.
What i did do was just turn off the mail checker and the problem was
fixed. I
guess i need to contact them to find out what the issue is and how it
can be resolved.
thanks for the post as it has saved me a huge headache

I don't see any reason to contact them. Just don't worry about mail scanning.
You don't need it and it causes more problems than it can solve.

DL

Generally its not a custom install, the install procedure usually has a
check box / tick to deselect the default mail scanning, during the
procedure.
But since its working after deactivating the scanning, no need

Rob9999 said:
'DL[_2_ said:
;319589']If you have anti virus installed that scans mail, uninstall the
[...]

Thanks for the help, the issue is now resolved. It was a conflic
between the old Norton antivrus and Mcafee. The BT softwre failed t
remove all the components when it automatically removed Norton.
It was solved by some good good tech support from BT for once!

;319732']Generally its not a custom install, the install procedur

--
Rob9999 --

Hi,