lost dll

Reaction score
'LOST DLL'
I have a dell inspiron 700m laptop computer. It is loaded with windows xp and a norton anti virus package. I am getting a cannot find windows/system32/rundllsystem32.exe. I have not the slightest idea how to put it back in the computer. I cannot update anything, get rid of my cookies, or access the system part of the computer. I could really use some help.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
rundllsystem32.exe isn't a filename that I'm familiar with, and sounds very much like something a virus would try and masquerade as. Have you removed any viruses in the past?

I would try running a full AV scan again just to make sure that there are no other nasties on your system.

I suspect that Norton found a trojan with this filename and although it was removed fine, Windows still looks for it each time you start your system. If you run "msconfig", does this filename appear in the startup tab?

Ask a Question