Looky Looky What I Just Ordered !!

Reaction score
So i've had my contract for 11 months. O2 Student Deal - £19 every 30 or so days gets me 50 Peak Xnet minutes and 500 of those great things we love known as text messages.

Called up the upgrades department, after seeing the K800i had just been released... had a chat to the woman who told me that she could only offer me the K800i for £119.99 and keep my monthly bill the same. OR i could have the K610i for £9.99. I called for a K800i so i was damn well going to get one.

So i asked to be put through to cancelations, because i heard that they usually offer a much better deal. Boy was it a good plan.

Me: Hey... i was looking around for a good deal on a new contract because my current one is up - and am very interested in the Sony Ericsson K800i.

Girl: Ok sure - and you have found this handset free elsewhere?

Ok - so she's putting words into my mouth.

Me: Err Yeah - totally.

Girl: Can i ask who with?

Quick, make something up!

Me: Vodafone!!

Girl: Is that on the same tariff

Heres my chance...

Me: ha.. umm...Yer
laughingsmiley.gif

Girl: Ok what i can do for you is offer the handset for £69.99 as opposed to the £119.99 upgrade price on your account.

What i will also do knock £5 a month off of your bill so your 50 mins and 500 texts along with 1mb of internet useage are £14 a month in total.

That effectively at the end of the year means you have paid less than £10 for the phone .

Christ... thats a damn sight better than what the other woman could pull out of the box of tricks...

Me: Yes please :)

So on and so forth...

So now i have just ordered a K800i 3.2 Megapixel Dual Front phone with Bestpic and Xenon Flash.

Bargain.

K800.jpg

K800Back.jpg

701743.jpg

^^ There she is!

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The K800i is the first Sony Ericsson handset to sport the Cyber-shot brand name from Sony’s famous standalone digital camera series. Sony Ericsson has enlisted the science dudes at Sony imaging to help develop the Cyber-shot phone series and make it the closet yet to your dedicated digital shutterbug in terms of features and functionality.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The K800i accommodates a 3.2-megapixel lens with autofocus, built-in Xenon flash, image stabilising technology and a splendid new shooting mode called BestPic (see ‘Take your best shot’ box out for an in-depth look). Not to mention that it hurtles around at 3G speeds.[/font]

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salt into Wound!

Hey dude,

Sounds like you played them good n proper!
Well done ;)

I recently upgraded my handset with O2... from the crappy Sony Ericsson K700i to the Nokia 6280, which I must say is a rather nice phone... Except, I begrudgingly paid the full £100 for my upgrade.. :wall: and yeah, you guessed it... an increased tariff as well.

Could you not have posted this about 6 weeks ago and taught us all the ways of beating O2 down to a 'customer focussed' organisation?! :user:
hehe

Enjoy the phone mate!
Kev

Reaction score
Haha cheers :)

Ouch! £100 and INCREASED tarriff?! I'd cancel the contract... flog the phone... sign up again and get the phone (or a better one) for free!

I remember the K700i - i had that as my second SE phone, after the T610 being my first. I got on really well with it. I was with T-Mobile because of their great coverage but the tariff kind of sucked, so 2 months into the renewed contract i cancelled... they didnt argue. Just tried to HALF my bill to stop me moving. I still cancelled. They didnt ask for the nearly new phone back either! So i promptly sold it on eBay for £80 and got a K750i for free with a free bluetooth headset from O2 - being the contract i have just renewed.

Ha- 6 weeks ago i wouldnt have been eligable for an upgrade!

Generally speaking, to get a good deal with a phone provider, you have to push them because they would rather give you business at a very low profit, than no business at all.

Welcome to the site mate.

Chris

Reaction score
Good to hear you got somewhere. I was on a contract with 02 for about 5 years, then when i went to oz, to keep my number i switched the number over to pay as you go. So now i need to switch it back onto a contract, so i think im in a good position of being able to choose any contract from any provider with any phone and just play them off against each other.

Anyone recommend any good phones and contracts?? I want to stick with Nokia cause i like them, was thinking the Nokia flip phone, think it's the 6101 or something.

Bodhi

Reaction score
I was like that - a nokia man...

However when i went to Sony Ericsson i was really impressed. Much more feature rich phones that are far easier to use than the new Nokias. No joke.

Plus the battery like in the Sony's wipes the floor with the Nokias.

Consider it :)

P.s. dont get a flip phone... they are never as good as a dual front.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Well done Chris - nice negotiating skills! :D

I did the same with Orange a year or so ago - they wanted £39-99 for the K750i, so I told 'em I was gonna cancel and get a new contract elsewhere with a free one, so they put me through to cancellations and they gave me it free.

I'm sure it would work with most networks - you just gotta play 'em right :thumb:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Dont tell me not to get Nokia, ive always had Nokia!! :-(

I like the flip phone cause you can stick it in your pocket and its small, and you look cool when you hang up on someone!!

Whats Dual Front? :-/

Reaction score
not so bad Postill
that phone looks pretty nice

I like the phone but not so impressed with the tarrif!!!
well thats just grumpy old me!!

please do take some pics of your new phone and a review if u can do
would be nice

regards
psd99

**** now POSTtill WAITS for the POSTman up at 7am! I love that feeling!!...****

Reaction score
bodhi said:
Dont tell me not to get Nokia, ive always had Nokia!! :-(

ahh same here

all my phones have been Nokia
i still got the old nokia 6230

starting to get so bored of it now :(

Reaction score
Well i never use all my 50 minutes Xnet Any Time - and rarely break the 500 texts so its perfect for me.

Hey Bodhi - try something new - go to a shop and try a SE out - have a play with them before you buy.

Dual Front is where they have the phone on one side and make the camera look really cool on the other.

I cant stand flip phones - so fragile!

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
good deal ??

wouldn`t now a good phone deal if it punched me ...still on payg

Ive had the Nokia 6630 for about a year now but dont use it coz its not sim free and my old trusty sim is T-Mobile...dont want to just swap over coz i gotta great number for my T-Mobile...ends with 505911(sos911) the yanks will understand !!

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Rush said:
Ive had the Nokia 6630 for about a year now but dont use it coz its not sim free and my old trusty sim is T-Mobile...dont want to just swap over coz i gotta great number for my T-Mobile...ends with 505911(sos911) the yanks will understand !!
Why don't you get the Nokia unlocked to any network so you can use the T-mobile sim? - its really easy and not illegal :thumb:

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Dont want to hijack Chris thread with how and why ..i will start a new one ...

Reaction score
Rush said:
Dont want to hijack Chris thread with how and why ..i will start a new one ...

lol

I would have
im sure he dont mind and that...
:)

Reaction score
Ive just been browsing the 02, Orange and Vodafone websites and 02 look to be the best. They will give me the Sony Erikson K800i (is that the latest one?) free or the Nokia 6280 free.

Tarriff im looking at is:

18 Months
300 Xnet Mins
750 Free Txts

£30.

Whats you think?

Reaction score
The K800i is currently by far the best Sony Ericsson phone on the market.

It is also the Best camera phone out of ALL the brands on the market.

I'd take the SE over the Nokia - easier interface, better battery life, more features & better camera.

Not forgetting you get a USB 2 data cable with the SE so you can chuck MP3's straight onto the memory card as a removable storage device and use them as ringtones :D

Go 12 months if you can.

Reaction score
Cant go 12 month on that plan, lose a lot of mins and txts.

Is the SE also an MP3 player?

Didn't realise you could USB ringtones from your computer, thats pretty nifty!! Mind you one major thing i have is that i HATE stupid ringtones. I want a simple RING!!!!!! Does the SE have a normal ring by any chance?

Oh, i might settle for the cool ring from the phones on 24! :)

Ask a Question