Looking for USENET Search Prog

Global Warming

I am looking for a standalone usenet binary search program.

All I could find was online searchs http://www.bincrawler.com/ and
http://www.searchlores.org/usenet.htm#binnl

I use Xnews, in searching for such a beast I came across this reader
Newsgroup Commander 8.3, has any body used this reader yet, thoughts in
comparison to Xnews.

http://www.sharewareplaza.com/Newsgroup-Commander-download_3409.html

Author Company: InternetSoft Corporation

is a news reader program which simplifies complex searches in Usenet
archives. is a news reader program which simplifies complex searches in
Usenet archives.
# Price: Free
# File Size: 0.65 M Requirements: No special requirements
# Update Time: 3/24/2006 4:40:03 AM Release Date: Thursday, March 16,
2006
# Language: English
# OS: Win95/Win98/WinMe/WinNT 4.x/Windows2000/WindowsXP
# License: Freeware Limitations: 0 Days

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=BBQ=AB?=

I am looking for a standalone usenet binary search program.

All I could find was online searchs http://www.bincrawler.com/
and http://www.searchlores.org/usenet.htm#binnl

There's not a good way for a local client to search without first
downloading all the headers, which is the thing I guess you want to
avoid.
I use Xnews, in searching for such a beast I came across this
reader Newsgroup Commander 8.3, has any body used this reader yet,
thoughts in comparison to Xnews.

http://www.sharewareplaza.com/Newsgroup-Commander-download_3409.htm

Author Company: InternetSoft Corporation

<http://www.internet-soft.com/download.htm>

Costs 49.95$ [sic].

Al Klein

There's not a good way for a local client to search without first
downloading all the headers, which is the thing I guess you want to
avoid.

What else would one search on but headers?

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=BBQ=AB?=

Oh. I thought I had missed something. :)

Well, I guess I did imply there was some way for a local client to
effect a search without first downloading headers and that it's not a
good way to search. That would be XPAT, which tries to get the
nntp server to do the work of searching.