Looking for PC Upgrade Recommendations :)

Reaction score
Ok thanks, i will get a refund and possibly buy a 4870. btw, is there anything wrong with my new memory? or do those figures look ok?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
It is a numbers game ... :lol:

DDR2 800 is 400MHz ... Double Data Rate 400 x 2 = 800 ... correct. :nod:

Without going into to fine a detail, your RAM is running under the correct constraints of the MB & AM2

If you want Windows to report the correct 'amount' of memory, go buy 64bit OS ... Windows 32bit can use 4gig ram.

There was nothing wrong with your ram in the first place. :thumb:

Reaction score
Okay cheers, is Vista the only 64 bit OS? How do I Check if my OS is 32 or 64? I don't wanna be left behind :p

I just bought the ram to have 800mhz

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Viceroy said:
Okay cheers, is Vista the only 64 bit OS? How do I Check if my OS is 32 or 64? I don't wanna be left behind :p

I just bought the ram to have 800mhz

No, Vista is not the only 64 bit OS, Win XP comes in 64 bit flavour as well.

But, in my opinion, neither are worth buying now, wait until around August time and get Windows Seven 64 Bit, assuming it turns out to be an improvement over XP and Vista anyway.

And there are many versions of Linux that come in 64 Bit.

To see what system you have: Start >> Control Panel >> System and there it will tell you under System/System type.

Reaction score
Hmmm, thanks for the advice. Yeah i looked in system but it doesn't say what bit it is. You are right I completely forgot about windows seven, I will wait and see how good it is.

OS isn't that crucial, what i need is amd 6000 processor and a new graphics card. maybe i should go to Nvidia instead? What graphics card do you recommend, i need it for gaming. :D

Reaction score
hi all the information related to the pc are good except for that you need to update your monitor and the speakers and rest of all are good configuration for the purpose of playing games purcahsed a new one big monitor so that the graphics will see more good and you saw more big images .

Reaction score
Hi again,

So I purchased a new monitor, i got a samsung syncmaster 22" T220. Which is awesome.

Anyway I want to get a radeon 4870 1GB but i think i will need to upgrade stuff before that can happen, atm i only have a 450w PSU so i will probably need a 750 one? Can anyone suggest the best for a good price?

Also i should probably get a new motherboard, as you need pcie 2.0 for the best graphics cards now and i think it requires 2 pci connectors, can anyone suggest a good one? my current one is ASUSTeK M2R32-MVP

Ask a Question