Looking for an MP3 player

Eric

Good morrow everyone,

Looking for a small footprint MP3 player, don't want or need all the
bells and wistles, just something that isn't going to eat a lot of
resources, should be able to have a playlist or maybe a drag and drop.
Thw key here is small, so I can play a few of my card games and have it
play in the background.

thanks

Eric

jb

Eric said:
Good morrow everyone,

Looking for a small footprint MP3 player, don't want or need all the
bells and wistles, just something that isn't going to eat a lot of
resources, should be able to have a playlist or maybe a drag and drop.
Thw key here is small, so I can play a few of my card games and have it
play in the background.

thanks

Eric

Last time I checked on the iRiver's recorded FM more or less perfectly.

mckyboyz

I agree with John Jay Smith.

XMPLay is the best lfreeware lightweight MP3/MOD player available!

Susan Bugher

Eric said:
Looking for a small footprint MP3 player, don't want or need all the
bells and wistles, just something that isn't going to eat a lot of
resources, should be able to have a playlist or maybe a drag and drop.
Thw key here is small, so I can play a few of my card games and have it
play in the background.

IIRC 1by1 is one of the smallest MP3 players. It's Pricelessware.

http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/2006/PL2006MULTIMEDIA.php#0003-PW

1by1
Company: mpesch3's mp3 tools Author: Martin Pesch
(Donationware) (free)
Windows OS: Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP NOTES: No registry entries.
Requires MP3 ACM system codec (present in XP) or mpglib.dll
Languages: English; German
fast and handy player which is not only small: It provides powerful
tools to handle your files and listen to your tracks. Features:
Directory Player (needs no playlists); Explorer like file navigation;
Full Resume (remembers last played track and position); ACM (MP3) and
mpglib (MP3/MP2) support; Winamp input plugin support; Audio dynamics
and stereo enhancer; Directory searcher (plays whole drives); Cue sheet
support; Playlist support; Favorites.
Home Page: download v 1.54 (2006-03-25) [ 1by1_154.exe (91 KB)]
http://www.mpesch3.de/
2006PL CD files: 1by1_150.exe
(desc. rev.: 2006-03-25)

another small player:

Program: STP MP3 Player (SysTrayPlay)
Author: Youri Stous
Install: (n.i.)
Ware: Freeware
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/stpmp3.html

v 1.0
Windows 98/NT/ME/2000
http://files.webattack.com/localdl834/stp.zip
208 KB

<q>
STP (SysTrayPlay) is a small MP3 player that runs at the system tray. It
does not come with fancy graphical effects offers a variety of very
useful and convenient features that are quickly accessible from it`s
tray icon. You can browse your playlist right from the tray menu and
select a track to be played, scan your drive for MP3s, shuffle, repeat
etc. as well as the option to define an action to perform once the album
has finished playing. Additional features include CDDB support, an
equalizer, a simple playlist editor and several advanced option. STP MP3
player takes minimal space and processor time. A very lean and but quiet
powerful MP3 player, give it a try!
</q>

There are more apps on the ACF pages. . .
http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/acf/P_MULTIMEDIA.php#2.40AudioPlayer

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Duddits

Good morrow everyone,

Looking for a small footprint MP3 player, don't want or need all the
bells and wistles, just something that isn't going to eat a lot of
resources, should be able to have a playlist or maybe a drag and drop.
Thw key here is small, so I can play a few of my card games and have it
play in the background.

thanks

Eric

Foobar2000
http://www.foobar2000.org/
Full featured yet easy on resources.
WinXP or 2000 only.

regards

Dud

Paul Blarmy

On Fri, 05 May 2006 17:56:12 -0700, Eric wrote...
Looking for a small footprint MP3 player, don't want or need all the
bells and wistles, just something that isn't going to eat a lot of
resources, should be able to have a playlist or maybe a drag and drop.
Thw key here is small, so I can play a few of my card games and have it
play in the background.

http://www.sheepfriends.com/?page=billy

Small and lightweight but a heavyweight performer! All of the other
players I have tried stutter on one of my low-spec PCs when surfing or
doing other stuff but Billy just plays without problems.