logon script will not execute during initial xp logon

Greg

Logon script will not execute during initial xp logon,
but after the user has logged on, if he logs off via the
Log Off button under start and logs back in, the script
will execute. Any ideas as to why this is happening? TIA

Johan Arwidmark

Windows XP has a different behavior than Windows 2000 regarding
startup and applying group policy. This sometimes lead to that
policies do not get applied properly.

Configure Windows XP to wait for the network at computer startup

Create a policy on the ou containg your XP computers

enable the "Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon"
policy in Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System
-> Logon

regards
Johan Arwidmark

Windows User Group - Nordic
http://www.wug-nordic.net

David Pharr [MSFT]

The feature that Johan describes is called "fast logon optimization". The
following articles reiterate what he stated:

305293 Description of the Windows XP Professional Fast Logon Optimization
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=305293

David Pharr, (e-mail address removed)

| From: Johan Arwidmark
<[email protected]>