Logitech G500 query

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
I want to get a new, preferably wired, gaming mouse, because my Logitech G9 is now looking a bit worn... (it has received loads of use, no complaints there.)

In fact, my only criticism of it would be that I find it a tad small. (I have to employ a claw-type grip, which leads to lots of wrist pain.)

I'm currently thinking about replacing it with the Logi G500, but wonder if anyone here might know how it compares size-wise please?

(I've already searched both the Logitech website and other shopping/review websites to find it's "vital statistics" but, apart from weight, dpi, programmable buttons etc., I've been unable to discover it's approximate height, and waist measurement.)

Can any G500 users help please? Thanks muchly in advance. :thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
G9 is smaller than the G500.

EDIT: vid. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I have two Logi G500's, the Mk1 & Mk 2 and I am very pleased with both of them, excellent meeces.

Let's whip out me trusty steel measuring rule and have a sizeup...

12.8cm long x 8cm wide x 4.5cm high

Those measurements taken at widest points and are of the Mk 2 as the Mk 1 is no longer available.

Hope that helps :)

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
V_R - I feel such a chump, lol, I completely forgot to check-out YouTube. It was very helpful to see the rodents in action and be able to compare them.

Sir Flopps, thank you for revealing the G500's vital statistics. I think the extra height might be just enough to allow my hand to feel a bit more comfy.

It's a shame they don't make a third, higher, snap-on cover for the G9. (I'd pretty much forgotten that mine was wearing a cover, lol, it's that which has worn completely shiny on the thumb rest.)

Thank you gentlemen, I appreciate your help. :D