Logitech Di Novo Laser

Reaction score
Hi

I'm looking for some reviews/opinions on the Logitech Di Novo Laser. If anyone has tested this/got this, can you let me know what its like thanks? and if they've turned the mx1000 into bluetooth like the previous mx900. Thanks

Reaction score
wish i did. there were two models before this being

Logitech Di Novo Desktop 2.0 (bluetooth edition - different color to the notebook version) - came with the mx900 and charger

Logitech Di Novo for laptops (usb key being the receiver - mouse stripped to very basic mouse thats really not that comfortable.)

I have the first one, but due to my mother being the typical gadget lady you see everyday and not liking her new RF Microsoft Ergonomic Kyboard, I gave her my di novo. and have regretted it since!!! the laser pack has got the mx1000 in it as mentioned previously

Reaction score
It's a nice concept and mine has worked occasionally since I first installed it. (I've had to reinstall it three, maybe four times).

It suffers, as do all Logitech products, from Bloatware. An absolutely ridiculous amount of files, registry entries, startup programs, etc, etc - all for a poxy mouse and keyboard!

As a matter of course, I have to keep my backup keyboard and mouse close by(also Logitech but works without any drivers). In fact, strangely enough, I've just come off the phone to Logitech support. the poor chap nearly eploded in a French paroxysm hen I told him I had the DiNovo, A QuickCam Fusion and a Harmony remote control (great product) installed. He now wants me to uninstall every piece of Logitech software, do a clean boot, reinstall everything again and get back to him!

I am thinking about installing a third hard disk dedicated to keeping Monsieur Logitech happy but.....

I do actually have work to do! One of the great dangers of our age is that we get so bound up in the process we forget what we were supposed to be doing with the PC in the first place!

Reaction score
You mean when it comes to the pc...we're not meant to sit and stare at the monitor?!?!?! i best find a different screen to stare at when at work. they might think i'm getting lazy in that case (joke!) Its a shame you say that, I have the logitech desktop at home for my ma. Never bothered installing the drivers (no need for the pointless media section of the numpad) or the bluetooth! works without just fine. but if you sayin the laser one makes a whine, then hell no, i want my life to be easier not have to jump out the back of buses running without a face mask into a burning fire and then screaming at the wall for getting in my way, and breaking my fall.

Reaction score
I got fed up with mine... the bluetooth dongle keeps loosing the signal.

Looks nice though, but when i need to do any work, i pull out my old wired one and stick Di N in the draw!

Reaction score
My colleague had one - never stopped moaning about it - kept loosing the connection. Never did figure out why and he took it back in the end. I have a normal logitech keyboard which is fine and they look nice. Clearly a problem with that posh one though, so although this thread is a little old, for new users, this note maybe useful?

Ask a Question