SteelSeries Sensei Pro Laser Gaming Mouse

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Benchmark Reviews have recently taken a look at the SteelSeries Sensei Pro Laser Gaming Mouse:

"Danish company SteelSeries has designed products to compete against the likes of Razer, Logitech, and Microsoft in the competitive gaming peripherals market. Their newest product the Sensei aims to decimate the competition with its 32-bit ARM processor, 5700 DPI sensor, on-board memory, and advanced software that allows users to control almost every function imaginable. Benchmark Reviews will evaluate if the Sensei is the master by which every mouse should be compared, or if it is the student still learning from those that came before it."

You can read the full review here.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Nice looking mouse, But its not all about DPI, seriously who needs 5700DPI!?

My DA Respawn is 'only' 3500, and as the man said himself...

Still, compared to the rubberized surface and sculpted designs of many mice on the market I found the Sensei still was not the most comfortable mouse I had ever used (the Razer Deathadder takes the cake for that).

Also, its £90! :eek:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I do wonder if there is a 'best' gaming mouse right now.

I've always favoured Logitech, have tried Microsoft and Razer mice amongst others but the Logi models always seemed better to me.

Ideally I'd like a cordless gaming mouse but I've had two Logitech cordless mice, different models, and both died on me after a relatively short time so that kinda put me off cordless gaming mice.

Currently using a pair of corded Logi G500's (Mk 1 & Mk 2, different colours & buttons) and love 'em to bits.

I see there is now another Logitech cordless gaming offering but I'm not changing unless one of these G500's goes belly-up.

Always curious though, always would like to try latest offerings.

As for Razer, one of their mice I tried actually had a sharpish ridge on it that left an indentation on the ball of my thumb and hurt a little after long use and this Razer Lycosa keyboard I bought a coupla months ago is good but that's about it - just good, not spectacular, nothing special.

Only Steel Series products I have are two of their gaming mousemats which I think are excellent. The proof of the pudding of the mouse under review here would be trying it but somehow paying 90 quid for a mouse just sticks in the throat.

There again, the prices Logitech want now for their gaming keyboards also take the micky ;)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Logitech Keyboards and Razer mice, cant go wrong.

The deathadder is a fantastic mouse. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Logitech Keyboards and Razer mice, cant go wrong.

The deathadder is a fantastic mouse. :)

Can't go wrong? Oh yes you can.

I once bought a logi gaming keyboard, possibly the G19 but I could very well be wrong about that number.

It just died on me after about 28 months, out of warranty. It was expensive. The gaming macros never worked and the little LCD display that folded up and down was worthless.

No more over-priced Logi keyboards for me. This Razer keyboard is adequate but I'm still looking.

The Razer mice I've tried have also been adequate but nothing great.

My two Logitech G500 corded mice are excellent.

Nuff said, really, it's perhaps not down to the make but the model, in my experience.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I have a Logitech Nano wireless mouse was great for about 18 months but has now developed a fault like it wants to double click everytime I single click, its a right pain to be honest, lovely mouse though so am putting up with it for now!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
My G19 has been good as gold here. :)

I used to like logitech mice, have had a MX519, G5, G7, G500 and probably more. But i always found, no matter what surface it was on the tracking was never anywhere near as accurate as my Deathadder Respawn...

Shame really... I did really like the Logitech mice. But i won't go back now, i am a Razer convert!

Ask a Question