Login Password Problem

KLB

Using Windows XP pro with one password protected admin account and 4 user
accounts not password protected.

I am not using Fast User Switching just the basic log-on window.

Problem is, if I log off any one of the other user accounts and then try to
log back into the password protected admin account, the enter password box
is there but without any blinking cursor. Cannot type in admin password
without restarting machine.

Any ideas appreciated

Nepatsfan

In
KLB said:
Using Windows XP pro with one password protected admin
account and 4
user accounts not password protected.

I am not using Fast User Switching just the basic log-on
window.

Problem is, if I log off any one of the other user accounts
and then
try to log back into the password protected admin account,
the enter
password box is there but without any blinking cursor.
Cannot type
in admin password without restarting machine.

Any ideas appreciated

I don't have a solution to your problem, but what I can tell
you is that you don't have to restart your computer in order to
logon with the password protected account. At the Welcome
Screen, hit the Ctrl + Alt + Del keys twice. This should bring
up the Log on to Windows dialog. In the dialog, you can enter
the account name and password to log on.

Good luck

Nepatsfan

KLB

Thank you

This solution works just fine as this problem is not consistent.

Would this be considered a Windows XP bug or error os some sort?
Or would this be related to my hardware?

courtnox265

+
Del keys twice. This should bring up the Log on to Windows dialog. In
the
dialog, you can enter the account name and password to log on.

Good luck

Nepatsfan

-

I have a similar problem, due to some stupid file called, "vrlogon.dll"
that neither my computer nor I can seem to find. After some research, I
have come to realize that "vrlogon.dll" belongs to my ThinkPad
fingerprint program which I can't seem to find.... Anyway, somehow I
manage to disable my computer just about once or twice a week, not
knowing what I did to disable it I spend a lot of time learning how to
fix my computer for whatever I could have possibly done. (Each time it
gets more difficult--I don't know how I do it! Good thing I' take
computer classes!!) As for your problem, I suggest you try logging out
with Task Manager instead of from the star menu. To get to Task Mgr
while logged on, at any time press Ctrl + Alt + Del, click Log off,
once logged off, you should be prompted to press Ctrl + Alt + Del, if
not, try those keys anyway: And I'm almost positive you will be asked
to enter user name and password. Now, any suggestions for my
problem(s)? I hope you work it out one way or another!!

CourtNox265

Nepatsfan

It's a Windows issue. From what I've read in these newsgroups,
it may be the result of a recent update from Microsoft. Here's
one suggested solution I came across recently;

Go to Start -> Run and enter the following in the Open box.

regsvr32 shgina.dll

I used this on a system that, like yours, was experiencing the
problem occasionally. It fixed it initially, but later the
problem returned. Right now, I'm content to use the CAD keys to
logon.

Nepatsfan

In