    I have a bunch of laptops that are used on and off the network, but I don't
    want anything to change on their desktops or apps both on and off the
    domain.

    JRC, May 29, 2004

  2. Greetings --

    Set the registry to allow logins via cached credentials. Set the
    CachedLogonCount to something other than zero.

    Cached Logon Information
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q172931

    Bruce Chambers
    having both at once. -- RAH

    "JRC" <> wrote in message
    > How do I force loading of the local profile when a user logs into a

    domain?

    Bruce Chambers, May 29, 2004

  3. JRC

    JRC Guest

    This would seem to me to be a brute force method of doing this. I've been
    told this can be done through policies or something on the domain
    controller.

    JRC, May 30, 2004