Listing/Showing All WORD Documents Created Over The Last 6 Months? Possible ?

Bob

Hello,

I have a document I created in WORD, but just can't seem to re-locate.
Tried the normal Search routines etc.

I know that WORD lists "Recent" Documents, but is there any way
to have WORD list/show all of the Documents created,e.g., over the last
6 months or so ?

Thanks,
Bob

Suzanne S. Barnhill

You can certainly do this with Windows Search. You can limit the search to a
specific folder and/or time period. Just search for *.doc or *.docx within
the past six months. If you can remember a specific unique phrase that is in
the doc, you can search for that.

Also, within Word, if I'm pretty sure what folder the document is in, I just
switch to Details view in Word's Open dialog and then click the Modified
heading to sort the entries by date. (You can also right-click in the window
and choose Arrange Icons By > Modified.)

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

Stefan Blom

Have you tried the search function in *Windows*? You can specify a date
interval if you wish.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Bob" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a document I created in WORD, but just can't seem to re-locate.
Tried the normal Search routines etc.

I know that WORD lists "Recent" Documents, but is there any way
to have WORD list/show all of the Documents created,e.g., over the last
6 months or so ?

Thanks,
Bob

Bob

Hi,

Thanks so much for help.
In my 70's now, and frankly not too sharp with this "stuff"

In the Windows Search: how would I enter a date range along with
together the .docx you suggest ?

BTW: is there a link, somewhere, that shows all the syntax options one
can use for their search window ? I just put in a word or two, but
realize now that there must be many ways to enter a date range, or other
criteria ?

Happy Holidays, and thanks,
Bob

Stefan Blom