List of addresses visited in address bar

Bob Wardlow

Is there a way to have the list of address in the address
bar purged according the the "days to keep pages in
history" setting in Internet Options, History.

It seems that the only way to clear the addresses in the
address bar is to manually click the "Clear History"
button.

If you set the "days to keep pages in history" to 0 the
address bar seems to still keep addresses visited from day
to day.

Thanks in Advance

Bob

Don Varnau

Bob,
I don't think there's a way to change the retention time.
Clearing those URLs is a fairly easy registry edit.
157729 - How to Clear the History Entries in Internet Explorer:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q157729
Or
These two freeware programs make it easier still:
EditURLs: http://www.aandrc.com/editurls/index.htm
IE Address Bar Editor: http://www.freesoft.fsnet.co.uk/ieedit01.htm

And... if you type in URLs via File> Open, they won't go into the TypedURLs
list and you can keep just a select few in that list. I keep about 12
frequently used URLs in the drop-down list and use File> Open to type in
other URLs.

Regards,
Don

Bob Wardlow

--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.

"Bob Wardlow" <rwardlow[at]nospamcortnet.com> wrote in message
Is there a way to have the list of address in the address
bar purged according the the "days to keep pages in
history" setting in Internet Options, History.

It seems that the only way to clear the addresses in the
address bar is to manually click the "Clear History"
button.

If you set the "days to keep pages in history" to 0 the
address bar seems to still keep addresses visited from day
to day.

Thanks in Advance

Bob

.