Linux drivers for Linksys pcmcia card

Reaction score
Hi,
Sorry if this has already been posted, but I am hoping you can help me from trawling the net for info....
I am using fedora core 6 red hat linux and cannot find a driver for a linksys pcmcia wireless card - any idea???

Cheers

datasava

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
If support is not there, built-in, then you are peeing against the wind.

Wi-Fi hardware vendors release Windows drivers for their products. Because Wi-Fi is too complicated for the average computer user, those same Windows driver CDs include computer programs to query for basic information and configure the hardware. For a Windows user, Wi-Fi is incredibly simple, because he's never exposed to its complexities.

How different the situation for Linux users. Using only drivers produced through reverse engineering, there are always little problems and gotchas. There's no program to simply set up the hardware. The Linux user must actually know what he's doing, which in the case of Wi-Fi is not simple.
Simple solution is to hard-wire your networking ... Good luck in finding "drivers" if any exist. ;)

source of quote ... a good read, if you have time.
http://www.troubleshooters.com/lpm/200612/200612.htm

user.gif

Reaction score
Thanks mate,
I will have a look at that link later.
Its annoying as I have a tosh tecra 9000 and the on board card is faulty - back to wires for me!!!

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
datasava said:
Thanks mate,
I will have a look at that link later.
Its annoying as I have a tosh tecra 9000 and the on board card is faulty - back to wires for me!!!

Hi i had the same problem with wirless drivers for linux what i did was i bought a belkin wireless bridge/ gaming adapter

this works due to it connecting to the computer using a wire so does not require wifi or any drivers.
It works great with linux:thumb:

Ask a Question