Linksys WMP11 Wireless Adapter

G

Why doesn't Win2000 recognize my newly installed Linksys WMP11 Wireless Adapter? The WMP11 works great with Win98. But Win2000 can't find it. I've followed the driver and card install directions--to no avail. Thanks in advance for the info.

G

One thing that got me a little farther with this problem is to install the software first. Not the norm, but it worked. This got me a little farther. I sent this message to Linksys:

When my WIN 2000 boots, it sometimes does not detect my wireless adaptor. It thinks that it has found new hardware and lists it as an Ethernet adaptor. If I then reboot the system, it then finds the wireless adaptor without a problem.

How do I make my system identify the adaptor every time?

Here is the answer that I got:

Please try to in add the utility on the startup. Have you tried to install the wireless card using the administrator log-on? For further support on this matter, please try to contact Microsoft, thank you.

If you have further questions, please contact us at (800) 326-7114 or send us an email at (e-mail address removed), so that we may further assist you.

It didn’t help at all. Anyone else have any ideas?

----- 4165 wrote: -----

I all so have the same issue.

Ask a Question