Links won't open

Linda

From: "Linda" <[email protected]>
Subject: Can't open links
Date: Wednesday, October 19, 2005 4:48 PM

When I'm at a web site I try to click on a link to open up a small window of
information and it won't open. This happens at many web sites - but not
all. My security is set to MEDIUM. I've enabled Java applets. Under the
advanced tab everything under MICROSOFT VM is checked.
If I changed browsers to Firefox, I can open links every where.
Help!
Linda

Jan Il

Hi Linda :)

As you do not tell us the version of Windiws you are using, I will take a
guess at a solution. Try the following and see if it helps:

New window is blank or nothing happens when you click on a link - Q281679
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q281679

Error Message or Nothing Happens When You Click a Web Link
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;236846

Also...pop-up blockers might block some links from opening. Try holding down
Ctrl key and click on link and see if it will open. If it does, then check
the popup blockers installed on your system to see which one(s) are blocking
your access.

Scroll down to see the information here.
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers/26.html

Hope this helps.

Jan :)
MS MVP/Windows - Internet Explorer
Smiles are meant to be shared,
that's why they're so contagious

Replies posted only to the newsgroup for the benefit or other readers.
How to make a good newsgroup post:
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm