Links openning in new window not working

I installed a new database program and now when I go to a website and click a link, if the link is going to open in a new window, the window appears but there isnt a url in the address field. Links work fine if the link just over writes the page that its on.

war17

Your new database program may have overwritten a file that your browser
needs. Reregister some dll files.

Unable to Open Link
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q281679&sd=tech
or
If you have Windows 9.x, use McRepair
http://download.microsoft.com/download/msninvestor/Patch/1.0/WIN98/EN-US/mcrepair.EXE

--
Warren
For additional help, post in

Steven Vaccaro said:
I installed a new database program and now when I go to a website and
click a link, if the link is going to open in a new window, the window
appears but there isnt a url in the address field. Links work fine if the
link just over writes the page that its on.

Thanks for the help. I have tried everything on that page and still have the problem. I have noticed that when the blank page and address field appears, that if I hit stop the correct link/address appears in the address field.

Don Varnau

Take a look at:
http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/nolinks.htm
http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers.htm#new_window
http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers2.htm#hyperlinks
There should be a few additional things to try.

Don
--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.

"Steven Vaccaro" wrote in message
Thanks for the help. I have tried everything on that page and still have
the problem. I have noticed that when the blank page and address field
appears, that if I hit stop the correct link/address appears in the address
field.

Thanks for the HELP!!! I got it to work. Used the SFC function and it did the trick! I owe you guys, big time.

In a last ditch effort before the fix I downloaded Netscape. Websites just dont work the same way with that browser

Steven Vaccar
www.OffshoreElectrics.com